National Harbor Marina Feeding the Homeless
June 10th, 2017
Central Union Mission is the oldest social service agency in the District of Columbia. For the past 128 years, the Mission has continuously operated an emergency shelter for homeless men and been a place for spiritual uplift and recovery. Central Union Mission was founded in 1884 by the Reverend Latham Douglass, a young man filled with compassion for the thousands of homeless, neglected men who wandered Pennsylvania Avenue, many of whom were Civil War veterans. From the beginning, the Mission was envisioned as a Christian ministry dedicated to serving others—a place of spiritual encouragement for people in need but not necessarily drawn to church. - Central Union Mission
Central Union Mission is a faith-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with four locations throughout the Washington, DC, area.
Central Union Mission serves the people of Metropolitan Washington through:
- Overnight Guest Services—men’s emergency shelter and related services
- Spiritual Transformation Program—our 18-month residential recovery ministry
- Community Services—food, clothing and furniture for underprivileged families and seniors
- Hispanic Family Ministries—services to the growing Latino community
- Camp Bennett—rural experiences for children, residential training for men and rental facilities available to the community, located in Montgomery County, Maryland.
All of Central Union Mission’s services and programs are provided for free. For more information, visit our website at www.missiondc.org
or call (202) MISSION. - Central Union Mission
Tasks to be Accomplished:
- Serving Breakfast to the Homeless Community
- Kitchen Duties
Please contact: InspireGiving@IGYMarinas.com for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
If you're unable to attend our day of community service, but would still like to help, please feel free to donate directly to the organization. For more information concerning Central Union Mission or to donate to the organization directly
Items that are needed:
- Professional Items
- Food and Clothing
- Computer Equipment
- Christmas Gifts
- Backpacks and School Supplies