Post-Hurricane Irma & Maria Update - 09.22.17
Fort Lauderdale, Fla - September 22, 2017 - Thank you for your continued support in the wake of Hurricane Irma and Maria. We have received a tremendous outpouring of concern for our team and marinas in the Caribbean and Florida, and we are truly grateful. Our hearts and thoughts continue to be with those impacted by this devastating storm.
Our team members are working diligently to finalize assessments of necessary repairs and clean-up. Marina facilities are working diligently to clear scattered debris to establish operational capacity as quickly as possible.
Below you will find an update on the state of the surrounding infrastructure upon which our facilities rely:
As of September 19th, 2017, the airport in St. Thomas was not open to commercial carriers, however, was accepting private aircraft and humanitarian relief flights. St. Maarten’s Airport was operating under the same criteria. At present, it is expected that the St. Thomas airport will be operational to commercial flights sooner than St. Maarten.
St. Thomas hotels have been affected by the hurricane, several hotels are closed and preparing for renovation. Many of the others are open, but are focused on accommodating relief agencies such as FEMA, the FBI, and other law enforcement personnel.
St. Maarten has several hotels that remain open, however due to the airport being closed, are currently being used as relief centers.
Hotels throughout the state of Florida continue to open more rooms each day and are welcoming guests and new reservations; accommodations/availability vary in each location.
An update regarding Blue Haven Marina (Providenciales, Turks & Caicos), will be provided soon. As of last week, the team was preparing for Hurricane Maria.
Several of IGY Strategic Partners are actively engaged in the region, either in support of the humanitarian relief effort (Bohlke and AeroMD) or in support of the marina industry community in carrying out repairs to the nautical fleet (International Marine Management (IMM) based out of Guadeloupe).
At this time, all IGY marinas in Florida are open, and while we cannot currently estimate the timing of power and airlift within the affected islands, our Caribbean marinas will be partially operational for the the upcoming 2017/18 Winter Season and are expected to include crew amenities such as; the gymnasium, swimming pool, and food and beverage outlets within our facilities gated locations.
Fully Operational Marinas:
Security will also be a key focal point for our operational team and IGY will retain its ISPS status. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them. For specific details regarding our marinas, please reach out to email@example.com
. To make a reservations inquiry, please visit IGY Reservations
Marinas Currently Under Repair:
- Rodney Bay Marina – St. Lucia
- One Island Park Marina – Miami Beach, FL
- Montauk Yacht Club Resort and Marina – Montauk, NY
- North Cove Marina at Brookfield Place – Manhattan, NY
- National Harbor Marina – Washington D.C., MD, VA
- Red Frog Island Beach Resort & Marina – Bocas del Toro, Panama
- Marina Santa Marta – Santa Marta, Colombia
- Marina Cabo San Lucas – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Maximo Marina – St. Petersburg, FL
- The Marina at Ortega Landing – Jacksonville, FL
- Blue Haven Resort & Marina – Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
- Marina at Yacht Haven Grande – Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- American Yacht Harbor Marina – Red Hook, St. Thomas
- Yacht Club at Isle de Sol – Simpson Bay, St. Maarten
- Simpson Bay Marina – Simpson Bay, St. Maarten