|JOB TITLE||Finance Director|
|IGY Vieux – Port de Cannes|
|Equal Opportunity Employer|
Marina du Vieux Port de Cannes SAS has signed a 30-year concession agreement with the City of Cannes to operate, enhance and modernize the historic Vieux Port de Cannes. Its shareholders are Island Global Yachting, an international leader in marina management, and the French construction group Fayat.
Vieux Port de Cannes has an immediate opening for a Finance Director. This position will be a key executive position in support of the general manager of the marina and the shareholders of the concessionaire, as they work to fulfill their commitments to the City of Cannes.
Objectives of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the Finance Department and oversee the accounting processes, treasury activities, internal and external reporting, payroll administration and internal control processes.
- Recruit an accounting manager and determine the hiring of additional personnel needed to meet the responsibilities of the Finance department.
- Develop a plan and timeline to transition the outsourced accounting and payroll to the newly hired internal Finance team.
- Contribute to the various digitalization initiatives of the marina, at first the implementation of a new marina management software.
- Develop accounting administration and internal control procedures using IGY Compass as a framework and tailor them to the specificities of Vieux Port de Cannes.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and ensure records meet tax and social rules.
- Manage the relationship with external statutory and public auditors and ensure the proper conduct of the audit of the annual accounts.
- In coordination with the shareholders, manage the day-to-day relationships with financial partners including banks, lending institutions and local professional tax or accounting firms.
- Manage the annual budget and forecasting processes as well as monthly re-forecasting process, including cash flow forecasting, in conjunction with the strategic choices of the shareholders.
- Carry out ad hoc financial and tax analyses for the general manager and/or shareholders
- Build, control and analyze the monthly consolidated internal reporting in accordance with French GAAP (including rolling key KPI’s) in line with the format and within deadlines as directed by the general manager and shareholders. This will also include controlling and analyzing monthly internal reporting for the various business units of the company.
- Ensure that all financial reporting as outlined in the concession is in line with requirements and distributed within required timelines. This includes any ad hoc reporting requests outside of the concession which may be made by the City of Cannes.
- Execute and control the annual budget as approved by the shareholders, ensuring compliance with procurement processes and validation of the company’s contracts.
- Liaise with European financial controller and other shareholder contacts as required.
Requirements of the position are as follows:
- Strongly business oriented and of the understanding that Finance is a support role to the operational management team and the strategic vision of the shareholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, and a minimum of 10 years of solid experience including experience in a management position (VP Finance, Controller).
- Expertise in French GAAP and French tax scheme. Excellent knowledge of French reporting requirements.
- Comfortable using accounting software and excellent command of Excel.
- Fluent in French and English, both written and oral.
- Previous experience in operational accounting process development and implementation desirable.
- Previous experience in working in Finance departments of companies with public concessions desirable.
To inquire about this position contact Jennifer Doelling