Red Frog Beach Marina Guest Info COVID-19
September 23, 2020 Red Frog Beach Island Marina Guest Information
For Guests Currently Staying at Red Frog Beach Island Marina
From: IGY Marinas
September 23, 2020
Dear Marina Guests,
We hope all Red Frog Marina guests and their families are safe and healthy. Red Frog Marina, with the support and guidance of IGY Marinas, continues to hold the safety and health of its guests and staff as the #1 priority.
For this reason, IGY-RFM is providing its guests with the following updates and general information to keep everyone apprised of the latest developments as it may affect daily life as a marina guest. These updates will also be available 24/7 on the marina’s specific COVID-19 website link:
The expectation is that the important steps and procedures put in place by the marina will be closely followed by all guests to ensure everyone’s safety. We encourage anyone with specific questions or critical needs during this time to contact the marina staff via telephone, e-mail, or VHF radio in advance to discuss any additional assistance needed. At present time, the following information is being provided to marina guests and will be amended as needed based on further developments:
- MARINA HOURS OF OPERATION:
The Marina Office is scheduled to reopen September 28th. Service is currently being provided through the following contact methods:
- Telephone: +507 6726-4500 - available 24/7
- VHF: channel 68 - available 24/7
- E-mail: RFM@IGYMarinas.com
- SECURITY CONTACT INFO:
- Deci Davis, GM - (507) 6951-6518
- Winston Forchiney, Security Guard - (507) 6525-0864 (available 6pm to 6am)
- FUEL STATION HOURS OPERATION:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - (1pm to 3pm) by reservation only
- Telephone: +507 6951-6518
- VHF 68
- E-mail: RFM@IGYMarinas.com
- RED FROG MARKET:
Open Monday through Friday, from 8AM to 4PM unless the government issues mandatory quarantine. The resort is allowing limited access to the market to accommodate boaters from the nearby anchorage. No access to the Resort or beaches is allowed through the Front Desk unless you are a marina customer. Non-Marina customers will only have access to the Market. The marina recommends all guests exercise proper hygiene precautions, social distancing and the use of proper PPE when grocery shopping.
- MOVEMENT OF YACHTS:
As of Monday September 14, yachts are allowed to leave the marina.
- Red Frog Resort is currently closed - no guests allowed. Please note there are a limited number of essential support staff quarantined in the resort. Unfortunately, this means that some staff members with family obligations or with long distance commutes are unable to work at Red Frog during this time. We hope that they will be able to return to work very soon!
- Marina guests are permitted to resume leisure and sport activities such as, swimming, biking, hiking, walking, yoga, etc. but it is strongly encouraged to do this safely and avoid coming in contact with others from outside the marina and resort communities. Kayaking, snorkelling, paddling or fishing sports are not permitted until further notice as per the last release from AMP.
- Guests are permitted to use of dinghies and tenders to move around the local waters. Please contact the marina staff if you require any assistance.
- The marina recommends that all guests continue practicing safe social distancing and refrain from large social gatherings.
- CRITICAL NEEDS TO/FROM BOCAS:
Felo's water taxi service, is transporting marina guests Monday to Friday from the main dock, departing at 10am and returning at 12pm, Space is limited and guests will be transported based on a first-come, first served basis. We ask that you consider the needs of other boaters to travel to town so that everyone has an opportunity to utilize this limited service to the extent possible. Please continue to maintain social distancing and wear your masks. Reminder that the taxi is for marina clients only, no guests, please.
If you need to travel to town outside of this limited schedule, you are welcome to arrange your own private water taxi. We will continue to monitor updates from the government and hope to increase the frequency of the water taxi service in the near future.
- BATH HOUSE:
- Marina guests CAN continue to use the marina's laundry and bathroom facilities. Please remember to clean up after yourself as staff resources are extremely limited at this time. Bath House is open 24/7. All machines are currently operable except for one dryer (replacement parts are on order).
- Change for laundry can be obtained from Deci at the Bath House on Friday mornings from 9AM to 10AM.
- Please do not leave laundry machines unattended.
- Marina staff will perform general cleaning as often as possible.
- TRASH PICK UP:
Due to the lack of staff, please do not leave trash on dock. Trash must be placed the brown containers located on the main dock.
Please return the marina push carts to office area after each use.
- CONTRACTOR WORK:
Please inquire with the marina for private contractor information.
- AMP PROTOCOLS & EMERGENCY CONTACTS
As per government of Panama and associated agencies (AMP) lockdown is in effect Monday to Saturday starting at 7 pm to 5 am. Full quarantine on Sundays starting at 7 pm (Saturday) to 5 am (Monday).
Maritime Authority in Bocas del Toro
(507) 757 9447 or (507) 6558
Ministry of Health Panama
National Migration Service
Bocas del Toro Hospital
(507) 757 9201
- Bath House is open 24/7.
- Please note the marina is currently accepting vessels that have completed their 14 day quarantine in Panamanian waters. We will be accepting international boats as of Oct 12th, as per Panamanian government schedule.
- We request current marina customers to not accept any visitors/guest/crew from outside the marina to their vessels.
- All marina rules and regulations associated with your marina slip agreement must still be followed. Please feel free to request a copy of these rules for easy reference.
- For your convenience, a WhatsApp group was created to have easier communication.
The Marina sincerely appreciates everyone’s patience and understanding. We will do everything possible to gradually re-open and restore normal services in accordance with local laws and the state of all health concerns. On behalf of the Marina Team thank you and stay safe.