Red Frog Beach Marina Info COVID-19
LATEST COVID-19 INFORMATION
RED FROG BEACH MARINA
BOCAS DEL TORO, PANAMA
UPDATED JUNE 1, 2020
MARINA STATUS: CLOSED WITH EXCEPTIONS
- Marina is accommodating vessels currently at dock.
- Red Frog Marina is under quarantine.
- Panama borders are closed.
- All grocery stores are closed on weekends
- Red Frog Market is closed until further notice.
- No vessels allowed in.
- Offices are closed to the public.
- Staff are answering emails and phone calls.
- Laundry and bath house remain open.
Fuel station available by appointment through VHF 68 or RFM@IGYMarinas.com
Direct from the Panama Maritime Authority (AMP)
- Yachts will only be allowed to move from their marinas/docks to navigation or anchorage areas. They won't be allowed to go ashore at a different point other than the marina from where they came (this means islands or mainland). We must remember the hard work carried out by the different communities on these islands to avoid the spread of COVID-19
- Yachts must be in compliance with Executive Decree 644 of May 29, 2020 which establishes a curfew throughout the national territory in the Republic of Panama from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am.
- To avoid crowds on board the boats and respecting the recommendations of social distancing, they must transport the number of passengers, in which they can maintain the social distancing of 2 meters between people, without exceeding what is established on their navigation patents.
- Only private yachts will be allowed to move, not the ones with commercial purposes.
- Yachts will not be allowed to tie up with each other in the anchoring areas.
- The owners of the ships must follow what Executive Decree 612 says, which prohibits the sale, distribution, and consumption of liquor.
LOCAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
Maritime Authority in Bocas del Toro
(507) 757 9447 or (507) 6558 0587
Ministry of Health Panama – Bocas del Toro Hospital
(507) 757 9201
National Migration Service
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Marina accepting incoming vessels?
No. Vessels are not being accepted even if you have departed and returned same day.
Are vessels allowed to depart the Marina?
Yes. Vessels are allowed to depart but will not be able to return until borders reopen.
Are the marina amenities currently available for use?
Yes. The bath house and laundry facility will remain open, however, please maintain a safe distance to avoid any potential spread of the virus.
Is there a curfew in place?
Patrons are only allowed to leave to obtain necessities.
Are vessel repairs available?
Please contact the marina office for detailed information.
Is fueling available?
Yes. Fueling is available by appointment only, please contact VHF-68 or RFM@IGYMarinas.com
Are Ports currently open?
Yes. Ports are open with exceptions - contact the port directly for details - email@example.com or (507) 757 9447
Are Airports currently open?
No. The international airport is closed and will remain closed for another 30 days as of May 22, 2020. Cargo and Humanitarian flights are the only authorized flights. Domestic flights have also been suspended.