LATEST COVID-19 MARINA INFORMATION SIMPSON BAY MARINA SIMPSON BAY, ST. MAARTEN
STILL IN EFFECT December 20, 2021
MARINA STATUS: OPEN
- Marina Office hours 7am – 6pm (Monday through Sunday as of Oct 01,2021)
- Covid -19 Protocols are in place (Contact the Marina Office for details)
- Customs Clearance – A locally-registered agent is required for all vessels.
- Bunkering, provisioning & concierge services are available.
- Vendors, Service providers and Guest access will only be allowed to the vessel upon approval of the Captain.
- Marina Amenities are currently closed to the public.
- Local Bars and Restaurants are open with a curfew currently in place.
- Beaches are open and all sporting activities are available.
- Group and social activities – Restricted but allowed.
LOCAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
St. Maarten Government
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the marina accepting incoming vessels?
Yes. Please email [email protected]
What are the latest protocols for the Yachting Season?
To find latest protocols as they apply to Vessels, Crew and Guests you can visit the page here:
LATEST COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR 2020-2021 YACHTING SEASON | SMMTA
What are the requirements for private planes to land at SXM Airport?
Private planes are able to land, upon request and approval of said request, and have submitted all necessary documents and have adhered to the travel and health requirements.
Are all visitors required to have official documentation of a negative rt-PCR or antigen Covid -19 test?
- If vessel is arriving from a low-risk country (found here), no test is required.
- If vessel is arriving from a moderate or high-risk country (found here) An rt-PCR test is required 120 hours prior to departure from last port (must be immediate last departure point). Such rt-PCR test results, along with all other entrance documents, must be supplied to a Yacht agent ( please see list attached here ) in advance of arrival. No other electronic forms are required for Vessel arrival.
If testing was not possible prior to departure from last port, Vessel can enter St. Maarten under quarantine, with testing to be done within 24 hours of arrival. The appointed yacht agent can coordinate testing upon request. Vessel must remain under quarantine until negative results received.
Vessel is able to come to St. Maarten WITHOUT testing for maximum 48 hours in transit (fueling, provisioning, etc., possible). All on board must remain in quarantine on board under this option.
https://stmaartenupdates.com/#Update or https://stmaartenehas.com/
How can I stay updated on the situation related to Covid-19 in St Maarten?
We encourage visitors to stay updated on the number of cases, essential business schedules, and local curfews, via the St. Maarten’s Government’s official page regarding COVID-19 or https://stmaartenehas.com/ the Government of St. Maarten Facebook Page.
Are vessel repairs available?
Yes. All services to vessels are available.
Is St. Barth’s Open for Visitors?
A negative rtPCR test made within 72 hrs (or Antigenic for those that are fully vaccinated made within 48hrs). Fully vaccinated guests are allowed to circulate once the test is negative. Non vaccinated guests need to stay on board 7 days and retest on day 7.
Is Anguilla Open for Visitors?
All adult visitors arriving in Anguilla from 1 July must be fully vaccinated and have received their last vaccination at least 21 days before arrival. The only exception to this requirement is for minors under 18 years of age and pregnant women with supporting doctor’s letter. You will not need to self-isolate on arrival.
Protocols are subject to change based on the advice of the Ministry of Public Health