Yacht Club Isle de Sol Info COVID-19
LATEST COVID-19 INFORMATION
YACHT CLUB ISLE DE SOL
SIMPSON BAY, ST. MAARTEN
UPDATED JUNE 15, 2020
MARINA STATUS: OPEN WITH EXCEPTIONS
- Marina is open to arriving vessels effective immediately
- Private Planes can land at St. Maarten's Airport beginning June 1st to bring yacht owners and guests.
- Crew can transfer via St. Maarten using existing flight routes
- Vessels who have been cleared into the French side for more than 14 days can transit to Dutch side with no quarantine required
- A local registered agent is required for all vessels.
- Office and Marina Amenities including the Gym and Restrooms are closed to the public.
- Staff responding to emails daily – preferred method of communication is by e-mail or Whatsapp
- Dock Staff available for assistance as needed by appointment – please provide as much notice as possible.
- Vendor, Service Provider and Guest access to marina restricted to Emergencies Only. Captains need to inform Marina Staff if they are expecting a visitor for any reason.
- Pump outs and Fueling available by appointment only
- Group and social activities are absolutely forbidden
- Security will be on property 24/7/365
- Garbage will be collected daily at 9:00 am. Please place your garbage in the appropriate bins prior to 9:00 am.
- St. Maarten currently has a curfew in place as follows:
11:00 pm to 5:00 am / 7 days a week
LOCAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
St. Maarten Government
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the marina accepting incoming vessels?
Yes. St. Maarten is now open to yachts, cruisers and private vessels.
Are vessels allowed to depart the marina?
Yes. There are currently no restrictions on departing vessels, however, you may not be able to return once you've departed based on government restrictions.
Are the marina amenities currently available for use?
No. At this time all marina amenities are closed.
Is there a curfew in place?
11:00 pm to 5:00 am / 7 days a week.
Are vessel repairs available?
Crew members are allowed to perform repairs due to the 24 hour curfew.
Is fueling available?
Fueling is available by appointment only. Please contact the marina office directly.
Are ports currently open?
Vessels over 500g Tons can be accommodated for fueling and provisioning, otherwise the A.C. Wathey Cargo Port is only open to Military vessels and essential cargo ships.
Air airports currently open?
Yes. Grande Case Esperance Airport on the French side is open for flights to and from Guadeloupe.
Is St. Barth's Open for Visitors?
Yes. Every visitor to the island will be asked to provide a COVID-negative RT-PCR test performed within three days prior to the visitor’s departure.
If it’s not possible to arrange a test prior to departure, visitors will be required to be tested for COVID-19 within 24 hours of arrival.
Until test results are known, visitors will be required to observe “strict quarantine” in their villa or hotel room “during which time interaction is limited to only those traveling in your party.”
Test results will take less than 24 hours to be released, Magras said. For those staying on the island for more than seven days, a second RT-PCR test will be required on Day 7. (Children under the age of 10 do not require a test).