LATEST COVID-19 INFORMATION
YACHT HAVEN GRANDE
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST THOMAS, USVI
EFFECTIVE AS OF: AUGUST 7, 2021
MARINA STATUS: OPEN
The US Virgin Islands remains OPEN to yacht entry, however subject to the following entry requirements:
- See the infographic below for the formal USVI arrival requirements. This applies to all arrivals (by sea or air) from outside of the US Virgin Islands, including the United States, Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands, internationally, etc.
- All arriving yachts must complete the USVI Travel Portal webform at https://usvitravelportal.com/ for each person aboard the vessel within five days prior to your arrival.
- Test results are required prior to arrival, which you should upload on the USVI Travel Portal. Below are the test types accepted:
- A negative Covid-19 molecular (rt-PCR / viral / nucleic acid amplification) test from a nasal or throat or saliva swab taken, with the result valid within the previous five days, OR
- A negative Covid-19 antigen (rapid) test from a nasal or throat swab taken, with the result valid within the previous five days, OR
- A positive Covid-19 serology antibody (blood) test, from the previous four months. Note that a negative serology test is not acceptable.
- The authorities will advise if your application is acceptable following upload to the USVI Travel Portal.
- International direct AIR arrivals to the USVI: as per CDC requirements, in this case test results are required within the previous TWO (2) days. 8Results from COVID-19 antibody tests with no longer be accepted for passengers from the British Virgin Islands.
- Voyage time greater than five days: If you obtain acceptable test results immediately prior to a direct voyage to the USVI, not stopping elsewhere, have no illness aboard, and submit your results to the USVI Travel Portal in the required time frame, you will be accepted into the USVI (pls advise YHG marina office of this scenario).
- If you do not possess any valid test results, you will be required to self-quarantine aboard vessel for 14 days upon arrival. To reduce the 14-day quarantine requirement, you can book a Covid test through our marina office with our partner clinic. Contact the marina office at least 3-4 days in advance to book an appointment. See below for FAQs relating to organizing testing with us.
YACHT HAVEN GRANDE ARRIVAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Arriving vessels must fly their yellow ‘Q’ flags, until they have satisfied the ‘free-pratique’ requirements as per USVI regulations and international maritime law.
- Lowering the ‘Q’ yellow flag, will be official confirmation to the marina that your vessel has met its obligations under USVI and International Maritime Law, and the vessel is free from disease.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) FOR TESTING AT YHG MARINA
Q. Can the marina arrange Covid-19 testing on our behalf?
A. Yes. Simply give us 3-4 days’ notice of your ideal test date, to [email protected] to book an appointment with our partner clinic. Next day bookings are not possible, so please plan ahead.
Q. What days of the week is testing available?
A. Monday – Friday. Please avoid Fridays if results are time critical.
Q. What types of tests can be booked with your partner clinic, and what are their costs?
A. Four types of tests are available: 1) Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test (Nasal swab) – $325; 2) CUE Molecular NAAT test (outer nasal swab – more info here) – $300; 3) rt-PCR test – $350 (swab analysis Mon/Tue/Thurs/Fri only); 4) Antibody serology (blood) test – $200.
Q. What is the typical result turnaround time?
A. The most popular tests (Abbott & CUE) typically have test result turnaround of next day; however, depending on the clinic’s business levels, you may occasionally receive results the same day.
Q. I need a test result to present to a third country’s officials. What type of test should I take?
A. Please double check if your destination will accept our default Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test.
Q. I just need a test that gives us peace of mind that my crew and/or guests are free from illness. Which test should we take?
A. Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test.
Q. I need my results as quickly as possible – which type of test should I take?
A. Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test.
Q. Does YHG offer onboard testing, where the nurse comes to our vessel to conduct the tests?
A. Yes, however, this concierge service is generally limited to yachts that have three or more crew aboard who require testing. Where only one or two crew, they will be required to walk to the Yacht Haven Grande clinic located next to Moe’s Fresh Market (two minutes’ walk from the marina office). The nurse service does not cost extra.
Q. I have rotational crew flying in to join the vessel but want them tested with clear results before they board ship. Possible?
A. Yes. We can arrange an appointment to walk into either the YHG clinic, or Red Hook clinic (whichever is more convenient). Once the result comes back clear, they can leave their onshore accommodation and report to the vessel.
Q. What time can I expect testing to occur?
A. Walks-in to the YHG clinic are generally conducted at 415pm. On-board testing is usually around 0930am, but YHG will advise your appointment time when finalizing your booking.
Q. I’m ready to book an appointment. How do I do this with you?
A. First, please send your vessel name, date of appointment (weekdays only), and your crew list of those who require testing to [email protected]. Specify what type of test you require.
A. Second, please complete the clinic registration webform for each member of crew here.