ST. THOMAS COVID-19 FACT SHEET ONSITE MARINA TESTING AND ENTRY INFORMATION
USVI TRAVEL ADVISORY FOR ARRIVING YACHTS:
- See usviupdate.com for the formal requirements for entry.
- As of June 1st 2022, the USVI has ceased its travel portal and testing requirements for entry to the USVI by sea. Vessels arriving either domestically or internationally, do not need to upload any requirements to the portal, nor are required to test prior to arrival. However, note that Federal arrival requirements still apply – see below.
- USA Federal arrival requirements: non-American crew and guests need to be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received their primary shots – either single, or dual, depending on vaccination type). Non- Americans arriving by vessel into the USVI should be prepared to show the CBP officer evidence of their vaccination status upon request by the officer.
- Non-American minors under the age of 18 are not required to be vaccinated.
- Effective June 12th 2022, those arriving into the USA or USVI by air, no longer need to have a negative Covid test result in order to board their aircraft.
YACHT HAVEN GRANDE ARRIVAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Arriving vessels must fly their yellow ‘Q’ flags, until they have satisfied the ‘free-pratique’ requirements as per USVI regulations and international maritime law.
- Lowering the ‘Q’ yellow flag, will be official confirmation to the marina that your vessel has met its obligations under USVI and International Maritime Law, and the vessel is free from disease.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) FOR TESTING AT YHG MARINA
Season 2022 Pricing
|At YH or RH clinics, 4pm Weekdays only||On yacht alongside at YHG|
Surcharges apply as follows:
|At anchor testing (during work week office hours).||$350 per yacht surcharge|
|Out of hours testing||$350 per yacht surcharge|
|Surcharge for combination of weekend /afterhours PLUS at anchor testing.||$500 per yacht surcharge|
Q. I’m ready to book an appointment. How do I do this with you?
- First, please send your vessel name, date of appointment (weekdays are best), and your crew list of those who require testing to [email protected] Specify what type of test you require.
- Second, please complete the clinic registration webform for each member of crew here.
Q. Can the marina arrange Covid-19 testing on our behalf?
- Yes. Simply give us 3-4 days’ notice of your ideal test date, to [email protected] to book an appointment with our partner YHGFP clinic. Next day bookings are not possible, so please plan ahead.
Q. What days of the week is testing available?
- Monday – Friday work hours. Weekends are possible by advance agreement – surcharges apply.
Q. What types of tests can be booked with your partner clinic, and what are their costs?
- Two types of tests are available: 1) Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test ; 2) rt-PCR test
Q. What is the typical result turnaround time?
- Please plan for a test result turnaround of next business day; however, depending on the clinic’s business levels, you may well receive results the same day for both tests.
Q. I need a test result to present to a third country’s officials. What type of test should I take?
- Please double check what type of test your destination will accept: if in doubt, specify rt-PCR.
Q. I just need a test that gives us peace of mind that my crew and/or guests are free from illness. Which test should we take?
- Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test.
Q. I need my results as quickly as possible – which type of test should I take?
- Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test.
Q. Does YHG offer onboard testing, where the nurse comes to our vessel to conduct the tests?
- Yes, however, this concierge service is generally limited to yachts that have three or more crew aboard who require testing. Where only one or two crew, they will be required to walk to the Yacht Haven Grande clinic located next to Moe’s Fresh Market (two minutes’ walk from the marina office).
Q. I have rotational crew flying in to join the vessel but want them tested with clear results before they board ship. Possible?
- Yes. We can arrange an appointment to walk into the YHGP clinic. Once the result comes back clear, they can leave their onshore accommodation and report to the vessel.
Q. What time can I expect testing to occur?
- Walks-in to the YHGP clinic are generally conducted at 430pm. On-board testing is usually around 0800am, but YHG will advise your appointment time when finalizing your booking.