Fore Points Marina
- 58 Fore Street
- Portland, ME 04101
- Sunday - Thursday - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday - Saturday - 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Contact us for important dates
- 150 Total Slips
- 12 Megayacht Berths
- Max Length: 630' (192m)
- Max Draft: 24' (7.3m)
- Max Beam: No Restrictions
- 30 amp, 50 amp
- 100 amp SP, 480v 100 amp 3P
- ISPS Compliant Security
- Crew Common Area
- In-Slip Fuel
- WiFi Connectivity
- Private Shower House
- Marina Bar
- Concierge Services
- Fueling Services
- Laundry Services
Directory & Local BusinessesAnchor Club Strategic Partners Crew & Yacht Insurance Provisioning Medical Services - FPM Communications Vessel Services Hotels - FPM Travel / Transportation - FPM Restaurants - FPM
Regional Director United States, Bahamas, and South America
Nearly 10 years with IGY MarinasSend Email
RESERVATIONS / CONCIERGE
Police / Fire / Ambulance
Dear Marina Guest,
We are pleased to welcome you to the brand-new Fore Points Marina, thoughtfully designed to accommodate all your boating needs. The marina was completed in May 2019, featuring 150-slips ranging in size from 25 to 545 feet, and appointed with the most modern materials and utilities available for your comfort and security for years to come.
More than just a place to berth your boat, Fore Points Marina is ideally located just steps away from the Old Port, the epicenter of bon appetit’s Restaurant City of the Year. Its unparalleled location is ideal for exploring Portland’s culinary scene as well as the area’s attractions, historic sites, art galleries, shops and brew pubs. See our guest services team for their favorite local recommendations.
If there is anything that the IGY Marinas team can do to enhance your stay with us, please do not hesitate to ask. We are available to answer any questions, make dinner reservations, or arrange vendor services as needed. We hope that you enjoy the marina and all that Portland has to offer.
Sincerely the Fore Points Marina Staff:
Guest Experience Manager
STILL IN EFFECT AS OF NOVEMBER 25, 2020
MARINA STATUS: OPEN
- Visitors who document receiving a negative test* result within 72 hours of arrival need not be quarantined, nor do residents of New Hampshire or Vermont. Otherwise, 14 day quarantine is mandated. *The state has multiple testing sites which can be found: https://get-tested-covid19.org/search?zip=04101
- Users of marina should social distance and wear face coverings in common areas and whenever entering marina office.
- Do not congregate on docks or crowd others.
- Please communicate with staff electronically whenever possible, or meet outside.
Staff is available (207) 517-4860 firstname.lastname@example.org or VHF Channel 10
LOCAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
Keep Maine Healthy Ordinance:
City of Portland Covid-19 Alerts
Maine Center for Disease Control
State of Maine
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Portland Service Port
Portland Harbor Master
Maine Port Authority
Portland International Jetport
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the marina accepting incoming vessels?
Are vessels allowed to depart the marina?
Are the marina amenities currently available for use?
Is there a curfew in place?
Are vessel repairs available?
Not on site, can be referred to nearby boatyard for service
Is fueling available?
Are ports currently open?
Are airports currently open?
Arrival Information Details
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at Fore Points Marina. Slips are not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. We ask that you provide advanced notice, when feasible, of your approximate arrival time so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience to you.
Please Note: Captains and his/her assignee must check-in/check-out with the marina office for each stay unless otherwise arranged with marina management.
|Check-Out: 11:00 am||Check-In: 12:00 pm|
When feasible, we request an estimated time of arrival 24hr in advance so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience.
Upon approach, please contact the marina office on VHF Channel 10 to obtain directions to the slip assignment. A skilled dock attendant will report to the slip to assist with docking, line handling, and connections. Once comfortably settled, we ask that you visit our marina office to check-in. The staff will answer any questions you have.
Upon departure, we request you contact the marina office 1-2 hours prior to departure to ensure all items are in order. A receipt can be provided at the marina office or emailed upon request to the email address provided at the time of check-in. If all items are in order, please hail the marina office on VHF Channel 10 if you would like assistance with disconnection and lines.
Early Check-in / Late Check-out
If a slip is occupied after 12:00 pm on the day of your scheduled departure, an additional night's dockage will be charged to your account.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requests whenever possible. In most cases, if your slip is available prior to 11:00 am on the day of your arrival, or after 12:00 pm on the day of your departure, we will allow you to remain in the slip at no additional charge. Prior arrangements must be made with the marina office for early arrival or delayed departure in order to avoid unnecessary charges.
In the event an early check-in and/or late check-out is unable to be accommodated in your currently slip, we will try to accommodate by making another slip available until such time your slip is available or you are ready to depart the marina.
In the event a temporary slip is made available to you, and you do not relocate the vessel, the marina reserves the right to charge you two times (2x's) the original daily rate for each night you occupy the temporary slip.
This is necessary as at times, the marina operates at full occupancy and failure to relocate the vessel could negatively affect other guests.
Reservations cancelled within 7 days of arrival date shall forfeit 100% of deposit.
Reservations cancelled with 8-21 days of arrival date shall forfeit 50% of deposit.
Reservations cancelled over 22 days will receive a full refund of deposit.
Please note: Cancellation policies are subject to change. Please refer to your reservation confirmation or contact the marina office direct for confirmation of cancellation policy. Cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the marina. Any cancellation requests received through the IGY Marinas website are not considered proper cancellation.
Contact & Hours of Operation
Customs & Immigration Office
468 Commercial St
Portland ME, 04101
Hours of Operation:
Mon. - Fri. 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Customs & Immigration Information
- Please note: We do our best to ensure this information is up-to-date, however, this is strictly for informational purposes only. We recommend reviewing the Customs and Immigration site for the destination requirements.
Customs & Immigration Office
Immigration Office is located near the marina, however, transportation is highly suggested and can be arranged prior to arrival.
Those reaching the port of entry after closing hours are required to raise a quarantine flag and report in the next morning.
In order to clear in and out of the Immigration Office, you will need the following:
- Vessel registration documents
- Vessel clearance documentation from the last port of call
- Copy of passenger/crew list (form I-418)
- Passports of all crew and guests
- Copy of the Ship's Registry
- Vessel entrance or clearance statement on CPB Form 1300
If you are arriving into Portland from a United States domestic location, including the mainland United States, the US Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico, and have a US Flag and crew, no special immigration procedures are required.
Safety Equipment Requirements
All vessels cruising the United States waters should have the following safety equipment on-board:
- Functional life-vests for all passengers
- Parachute, orange, and para-rocket flares
- Bell and/or Whistle
- Fire Extinguisher
- VHF Radio
- First-aid Kit
Portland International Jetport (PWM)
Address: 1001 Westbrook St, Portland, ME 04102
Phone: +1 207-774-7301
- Portland International Jetport is the Airport of Choice for Maine. In 2014 the Jetport served over 1.6 million passengers. All three major airline alliances provide one-stop access to thousands of destinations around the world.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- Convenient MD Urgent Care +1 270-517-3838
191 Marginal Way suite a, Portland, ME 04101
- Northern Light Mercy Hospital +1 270-879-3000
144 State St, Portland, ME 04101
- Maine Medical Center +1 207-662-0111
22 Bramhall St, Portland, ME 04102
- Walgreens Pharmacy +1 207-774-0344
290 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101
- Key Bank +1 207-776-7694
1222 SW 6th Ave ste 200 suite 200, Portland, OR 97204
- Bangor Savings Bank +1 877-226-4671
280 Fore St, Portland, ME 04101
- Gorham Savings Bank +1 207-773-4027
118 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center +1 207-773-3177
50 Monument Sq, Portland, ME 04101
- US Postal Service +1 800-275-8777
400 Congress St #9998, Portland, ME 04101
- The UPS Store +1 207-761-0173
110 Marginal Way, Portland, ME 04101
Fore Points Marina Rules
To make your stay with us more enjoyable, the following set of guidelines should be followed. These are merely suggested rules of etiquette and regulations to make the Marina and its facilities more enjoyable for all customers.
- Do not leave garbage on the docks or common areas to be picked up. Garbage should be bagged and tied and then properly placed in designated receptacles, or be placed in the garbage truck, not loosely scattered or abandoned.
- Oils and fuels should be disposed of properly and not in Marina trash cans. Please ask for assistance when disposing of oils, fuels, or chemicals. Your concern for the environment helps.
- Try not to introduce any effluents into the Marina lagoon. Use holding tanks if possible.
- Do not attempt to turn on your own water and electricity. Please have a dock attendant provide the service. Using pliers or screwdrivers will damage the equipment and you will be charged. It is suggested that you read meters (if applicable) along with our dock attendant to ensure accuracy.
- Anyone caught taking water from another yacht's tap shall be responsible for the entire water cost of the metered yacht. Please use your own water.
- Keep power cords and water hoses in a neat and orderly fashion so that no one will trip in the dark or while carrying objects.
- Please wash sails on lawn areas where water outlets and drying spaces are available, or do it aboard your yacht.
- When marking anchor chains with paint, use paper or cardboard beneath your chain to keep wet paint off the docks and other customers' shoes.
- When cleaning dinghies, make sure you rinse debris and growth off of the docks when finished.
- Lock the vessel when leaving it unattended.
- Lock your dinghies and outboard at night.
- Try to keep excessive noise down after 10:00 pm.
- Do not utilize power sanders or grinders while completing minor vessel repairs.
- Barbecue and cooking on the docks is prohibited. Barbecue and cooking should be done on board in suitable equipment and self contained. Any other way is dangerous and frowned upon. Kindly clean up after yourself when finished. Charcoal ash and debris are not to be disposed of into the lagoon.
- If bright deck lights or spot lights are to be used at night, avoid pointing them at nearby boats, especially down or into their cabins.
- Pets need to be kept on a leash or in an acceptable carrying case. Please be sure to clean up after your pets. Owners will be responsible for any damages caused by unattended pets.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
ItinerariesView all itineraries
3 day - Portland
Portland is Maine's largest and most diverse city. As one of the oldest seaport's in the nation you can admire the mix of Colonial-era structures engulfed in history with newly designed buildings influenced by younger generations. Portland offers cultural, historical, outdoor, and hometown atmospheres.View itinerary
5 day - Portland
The city of Portland, Maine is a fusion of Victorian architecture and trendy design, salty fishermen and fresh millennials, local fare and fine purveyors. Fore Points Marina is at the tip of it all - a perfect location that is simultaneously walkable and private. Our concierge will coordinate any meal, trip or activity you or your guests desire. Some suggestions follow; or tell us your vacationland-dream and we will make it come true.View itinerary
Annual Events - Portland
There are great festivals happening throughout the year, here are a few things to enjoy the beautiful backdrop of Portland and the surrounding area.View itinerary
Local Attractions - Portland
There are wonderful things to discover all around Portland. Here are a few encounters to be sure to experience.View itinerary