COVID-19 Marina Information Available in About Marina Section
Marina at Ortega Landing
- 4234 Lakeside Drive
- Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Mon. - Fri. 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Sat. & Sun. 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Contact us for important dates
- 80° F (26° C) Sunrise: 6:25 AM
- 67° F (20° C) Sunset: 8:26 PM
- Low ESE 1-4 ft 7:11pm
- High SE 3-6 ft 1:18am
- Captain's Clubhouse
- Private Showers
- Heated Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Complimentary Use of Bicycles
- Grilling Area
- Pet Friendly Marina
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Video Surveillence
- On-Site Laundry
- Fueling Available Nearby
- Provisioning Nearby
- Nearby Shopping & Dining
- Pump-Out Services
- Daily Garbage Pick-up
Directory & Local BusinessesAnchor Club Strategic Partners Crew & Yacht Insurance Provisioning Medical Services Communications Vessel Services Hotels - OLM Travel / Transportation - OLM Restaurants - OLM Shopping - OLM Entertainment - OLM
Regional Director United States, Bahamas, and South America
Nearly 10 years with IGY MarinasSend Email
Police / Fire / Ambulance
The Marina at Ortega Landing has earned a reputation among discerning yacht owners and cruisers to be one of Florida's premier yachting destinations, having earned a 5-Star ranking on Active Captain for delivering an exceptional & friendly yachting experience.
Nestled along the Ortega River near historic Avondale, the marina is just a few minutes from downtown Jacksonville. We offer resort-styled amenities that include a ski-lodge styled clubhouse with spectacular views of the river, a heated swimming pool and spa, complimentary bikes and laundry, and outdoor grilling and dining areas.
The marina is within walking distance to West Marine and many other resources including multiple grocery options for provisioning and an array of dining options, festivities, and popular local events, and the marina is considered by Cruisers to be one of the best slip-away and hurricane-hole destinations on Florida's East Coast.
As the nautical proverb so wisely notes, "Time and Tide Wait for None", and as such, we would like to invite you to experience our Southern Hospitality and world-class services, first-hand.
Cam Melangton - Marina General Manager
Still in effect as of June 1, 2020
MARINA STATUS: OPEN WITH EXCEPTIONS
- Marina honoring pre-existing, long term vessel reservations
- Marina is not accepting transient vessels until further notice.
- Office and Clubhouse are closed to the public.
- Staff are answering phones and emails daily
- Pool, Spa, Restrooms, showers, Laundry and grills are open
- Limited assistance for docking arrivals
- Vendor access restricted
- Pump outs available on Wed and Thu, with vessel owner assist
- Group and social activity is restricted
- Security patrols and keyed entry to docks after hours
LOCAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
USCG Sector Jacksonville
Phone: (904) 714-7500
Jacksonville Intl Airport:
Port of Jacksonville:
Phone: (904) 353-2130
City of Jacksonville, Executive Orders:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the marina accepting incoming vessels?
Are vessels allowed to depart the marina?
Are the marina amenities currently available for use?
Yes, restrooms, Showers, Pool, Spa, and the Laundry Facility will remain open for marina guest use.
Is there a curfew in place?
No, however, night time security and keyed entry gates are still fully active
Are vessel repairs available?
Yes - essential repairs only
Is fueling available?
Yes, fuel is available at a nearby location
Are ports currently open?
Not to recreational vessels
Are airports currently open?
Yes - Domestic flights only
Arrival Information Details
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at the Marina at Ortega Landing. Slips are not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. We ask that you provide advanced notice, when feasible, of your approximate arrival time so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience to you.
Please Note: Captains and his/her assignee must check-in/check-out with the marina office for each stay unless otherwise arranged with marina management.
|Check-Out: 12:00 pm||Check-In: 12:00 pm|
When feasible, we request an estimated time of arrival 24hr in advance so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience.
Upon approach, please contact the marina office on VHF Channel 16 to obtain directions to the slip assignment. A skilled dock attendant will report to the slip to assist with docking, line handling, and connections. Once comfortably settled, we ask that you visit our marina office to check-in. The staff will answer any questions you have.
Upon departure, we request you contact the marina office 1-2 hours prior to departure to ensure all items are in order. A receipt can be provided at the marina office or emailed upon request to the email address provided at the time of check-in. If all items are in order, please hail the marina office on VHF Channel 16 if you would like assistance with disconnection and lines.
Early Check-in / Late Check-out
If a slip is occupied after 12:00 pm on the day of your scheduled departure, an additional night's dockage will be charged to your account.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requests whenever possible. In most cases, if your slip is available prior to 12:00 pm on the day of your arrival, or after 12:00 pm on the day of your departure, we will allow you to remain in the slip at no additional charge. Prior arrangements must be made with the marina office for early arrival or delayed departure in order to avoid unnecessary charges.
In the event an early check-in and/or late check-out is unable to be accommodated in your currently slip, we will try to accommodate by making another slip available until such time your slip is available or you are ready to depart the marina.
In the event a temporary slip is made available to you, and you do not relocate the vessel, the marina reserves the right to charge you two times (2x's) the original daily rate for each night you occupy the temporary slip.
This is necessary as at times, the marina operates at full occupancy and failure to relocate the vessel could negatively affect other guests.
30 days minimum advance notice for existing customers. We kindly ask for 60 days. Deposit is converted to last month rent and electric.
For inbound confirmed vessel reservations that have a deposit on file and cancel we retain 10% of the deposit charge to cover costs and credit the balance to their card.
Please note: Cancellation policies are subject to change. Please refer to your reservation confirmation or contact the marina office direct for confirmation of cancellation policy. Cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the marina. Any cancellation requests received through the IGY Marinas website are not considered proper cancellation.
Contact & Hours of Operation
Customs & Immigration Office
Phone: +1 904-714-3100
10426 Alta Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32226
Hours of Operation:
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Customs & Immigration Information
- Please note: We do our best to ensure this information is up-to-date, however, this is strictly for informational purposes only. We recommend reviewing the Customs and Immigration site for the destination requirements.
Customs & Immigration Office
A Customs & Immigration Office is located near the marina, however, transportation is highly suggested and can be arranged prior to arrival.
Those reaching the port of entry after closing hours are required to raise a quarantine flagand report in the next morning.
In order to clear in and out of the Immigration Office, you will need the following:
- Vessel registration documents
- Vessel clearance documentation from the last port of call
- Copy of passenger/crew list (form I-418)
- Passports of all crew and guests
- Copy of the Ship's Registry
- Vessel entrance or clearance statement on CPB Form 1300
If you are arriving into Jacksonville from a United States domestic location, including the mainland United States, the US Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico, and have a US Flag and crew, no special immigration procedures are required.
Safety Equipment Requirements
All vessels cruising the United States waters should have the following safety equipment on-board:
- Functional life-vests for all passengers
- Parachute, orange, and para-rocket flares
- Bell and/or Whistle
- Fire Extinguisher
- VHF Radio
- First-aid Kit
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
Address: 2400 Yankee Clipper Dr. Jacksonville, FL 32218
Phone: +1 904-741-4902
- Jacksonville International Airport has on-site overnight accommodations and also hosts 3 galleries located off of the main courtyard before the security checkpoint. One features an art exhibit, the second houses a revolving exhibit about a Jacksonville-area landmark or institution, and the third houses a permanent exhibit highlighting the history of aviation in the region.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- Normandy Park Emergency Room +1 904-378-7300
5773 Normandy Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32205
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside +1 904-308-7300
1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville, FL 32204
- St. Vincent's First Care Walk-in Clinic +1 904-683-9662
5501 Roosevelt Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32244
- CVS Pharmacy & Walk-in Clinic +1 904-389-0314
4475 San Juan Ave. Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Walgreens Pharmacy +1 904-778-8821
3604 Blanding Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Bank of America +1 904-387-1833
4500 Wabash Ave. Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Chase Bank +1 904-380-0195
4495 Roosevelt Blvd. Ste 407 Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Wells Fargo Bank +1 904-361-7950
4206 San Juan Ave. Jacksonville, FL 32210
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center +1 904-353-1100
221 W. Forsyth St. Jacksonville, FL 32202
- FedEx Drop-off Location +1 800-463-3339
3604 Blanding Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32210
- US Postal Service +1 904-781-4701
5455 Verna Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32205
- The UPS Store +1 904-388-7220
4495-304 Roosevelt Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32210
Inspire Giving through You - June 8, 2019
Sanctuary on 8th Street
As Marina at Ortega Landing Marina's ongoing effort to impact the children at Sanctuary on 8th Street, they will be returning on June 8th, 2019 in order to make some improvements to the outside areas. The are seeking volunteers to assist in cleaning up landscaping and flower beds, touch up exterior paint, clean up the grounds and work to the parking lot and basketball court. Sanctuary on 8th Street works diligently to keep young children off of the streets and into the classroom to foster positive leadership and continued education by offering after school, summer school, and home school programs.
If you are unable to attend but would still like to help, please contact InspireGiving@IGYMarinas.com for further information. You may also donate to Sanctuary on 8th Street directly at their donations page here.
Our number one goal is to work together inspiring others through the act of giving back our time, support efforts, accessible resources, goods and services.
Inspire Giving through You - June 9, 2018
Sanctuary on 8th Street
Marina at Ortega Landing worked with Sanctuary on 8th Street to reface the building's exterior. Volunteers repainted the front of the facility and created murals for the insets of the boarded up windows to make the exterior more inviting for the children.
Sanctuary on 8th Street works to encourage and empower Jacksonville youth and families in need by ministering to their spiritual, physical, social and intellectual needs. They offer camps, after school programs, tutoring and a welcome and safe environment for children and teens.
If you were unable to attend our day of community service, but would still like to help, please feel free to donate directly to the organization. Monetary donations can be provided through the Sanctuary on 8th Street's Donations page.
Our number one goal is to work together inspiring others through the act of giving back our time, support efforts, accessible resources, goods and services.
Please contact InspireGiving@IGYMarinas.com for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
Marina at Ortega Landing Marina Rules
Good things to Live By if you want to be a good Neighbor!
- It is the vessel owner’s responsibility to comply with all rules and regulations herein and as outlined in your slip license agreement.
- All vessels must comply with USCG regulations regarding the overboard discharge valve position for the Marine Sanitation Device (MSD). NO OVERBOARD DISCHARGE is allowed in the marina.
- All vessels must be maintained in good mechanical operating condition and able to depart and arrive under their own power.
- Please do not allow dock lines or shore power cords to hang in water.
- Please place water filters and softeners onboard the vessel or in the dock box, not on the dock.
- Please do not wrap shore power cords around the pedestal. Ensure that your dock lines are in good condition and have a complete set of extra lines available for storms.
- Make sure that we have a copy of your boat keys in the office. Please be aware that we do not provide these keys to vendors, they are for emergency purposes only.
- All contractors must sign in at the office before beginning work. Contractors must meet Marina insurance requirements (copy of Certificate of Liability). All contractors must park in the West Parking lot and use their own carts not the Marina’s.
- Do not place oil, batteries, hazardous material of any kind or appliances in the dumpster. You are responsible for hauling these items off site to an approved disposal location.
- You may not sublease or offer your slip to anyone at any time.
- Generator operation is not permitted while tied to the dock. The only exception is for extended power outages or when a technician is servicing the unit.
- As a participant in Florida’s Clean Marina program, use of the following cleaners is strictly prohibited: ammonia, petroleum distillates, sodium hypochlorite or chlorinated solvents.
- Please keep vessels, walkways, finger piers clean and free of personal items. Hanging of laundry on vessel exteriors is not permitted. We offer free washer and dryers! Your neighbors and the marina staff will appreciate your efforts!
- Vessels departing the marina for a new adventure must notify the Marina Office in writing at least 30 days prior to estimated departure so we can manage final electric, allocate deposits, and coordinate inbound traffic. Vessels opting to stay longer must notify the Marina Office 30 days prior to your estimated departure.
- Gate key fobs are provided to all vessel owners upon arrival. Replacement keys will be billed to your account.
- Vessel owners are responsible for their guests in the Marina facility at all-times and liable for their actions.
- Guests staying for more than one week must register with the marina office.
- All vehicles must display a Marina parking tag. The gravel and grass lots at the western end of the property is available for overflow parking.
- Do not park your vehicle in the Fire Lanes along the walkways in front of B Dock or along the condo.
- If you are going to be gone from The Marina for more than 72 hours, but your vehicle remains on property, please park in one of the overflow lots, and if you are leaving for an extended time, please provide a spare key for the marina office.
- The circular area in front of the condominium belongs to the condo association and is for their use only.
- The Pool and Spa are for the use of our vessel owners and their guests.
- Please observe and follow all posted pool and spa rules.
- Return pool deck furniture to original positions if you have borrowed chairs, etc. for a large gathering.
- Close table umbrellas after use to avoid breakage during high winds.
- If planning to entertain many guests on the pool deck, please notify the marina office in advance.
- The ice machine is only for pool side use (drinks & small coolers). Large quantities of ice should be purchased off-site.
- The trash cans at the pool are for pool side/grill trash only. Please discard other boat trash in the dumpster.
Restrooms and Showers·
- Showers and restrooms are open 24/7.
- Please clean up after yourself so we can maintain a high standard of cleanliness for our guests.
- Remember, the tile floors in the restroom/shower areas and hallway can be quite slippery when wet, so dry off before entering and exiting.
- Laundry facilities are provided as a courtesy to our guests at no charge and are available 24/7.
- Over filling the washing machines can damage the equipment and cause inconvenience to other boaters.
- Machines are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please take turns and be a good neighbor.
- Monitor your laundry so that others can use the machines in a timely manner.
- If using the pool while doing laundry, please towel off prior to entering the laundry room.
- All dogs must be registered on your dockage agreement.
- All pets must be leashed at all-times when not on your boat. The only exception is in the green space near the lower parking lot by the gazebo, where dogs may be exercised off-leash if an owner is present and in control of the pet. Failure to be a good neighbor will result in the suspension of this privilege.
- Please pick up after your pet. Pet stations are provided throughout the property. Do not deposit any other garbage in the pet waste receptacles.
- Dogs are not permitted in the clubhouse or restrooms, on the pool deck, in the pool or hot tub.
- Service animals when in uniform are, of course, welcome – just not as swimming companions. Please notify the marina office if you have a bonified Service Animal so we may inform our staff.
Courtesy Dock Carts
- The Marina provides dock carts to move items from your vehicle to your boat. Please return carts to the cart drop off areas immediately upon completion of use, even if it is late at night. You never know when another boater will arrive after you. Be sure to clean up the dock cart after using, especially if hauling dirty items.
- Do not use carts to transport batteries, oil, or any other hazardous materials. This type of use damages the carts and leaves a residue. Carts are for transporting groceries, laundry, boat items and personal property.
- Return carts to the designated staging locations in two general areas: Across from B Dock gate, to the left of motorcycle parking, and at the C & D Dock entrance paths.
- Please do not leave carts on the docks, finger piers, sidewalks, behind the clubhouse, or inside the pool deck near the laundry. Dock carts seem to want to gather together for small conventions. If you see a large group of them forming, please feel free to separate them.
- All trash must be carried off the docks and placed in the dumpsters located either in the lower parking area or near the marina office.
- Recycle bins are available next to the dumpsters. Please break down any boxes prior to placing in the bins.
- Do not leave items outside of the bins on the pavement inside the enclosures.
Docks and Piers
- Riding bicycles, scooters or motorcycles on the docks is strictly prohibited.
- Please respect your neighbor and the marina by keeping personal items onboard your vessels.
- Boarding stairs are permitted on finger piers, however oversize, home-made stairways are subject to marina approval, and if deemed unsightly or a pediment to finger pier access, vessel owner may be asked to seek an alternative solution that is visually and physically compatible to a marina environment.
- No open flame in the marina. This includes grills on boats (grills are provided in the pool area and at D Dock).
- Bicycle racks are provided in two locations, one across from B Dock and another at D Dock. Please stop in the office for an ID tag for your bike before you leave it on one of the racks. Lock your bike securely, the Marina is not responsible for loss or damage.
- If you do take your bike onto the docks, please walk the bike to the boat and store them on board your vessel
- As a courtesy, the Marina offers four (4) bikes for use by boaters and guests. They are located behind the clubhouse. Please sign the bikes out from the office when you wish to borrow them.
Dinghies, Kayaks, paddle boards
- Dinghies, Kayaks and paddle boards are enjoyable items to have on board a vessel and when in use are permitted to remain in the water for your enjoyment and convenience.
- We ask that when not in use all-of-these personal water craft should be stored either on deck, on davits, or neatly tied directly to your stern, and not tied to the dock, bow or side of the vessel for long term storage.
- Dinghies that are visually in disrepair, full of water, deflated and are obviously not in use can be an eyesore for neighbors and fellow boaters. If your dingy fits into this category we will ask you to either store it properly as outlined above or we will require you to remove it altogether or to rent a storage rack, which are available for a nominal monthly charge.
- Kayaks and Paddle Boards should not be stored on the docks and are subject to the same storage guidelines as dinghies. Storage racks are available for these items as well.
- We are fortunate to be able to provide wonderful club house facilities for our boaters to enjoy and we ask that all who use the facility clean up after themselves and remember that this is a unique privilege to have such a wonderful space for all to enjoy.
- When not reserved for a private party, the Club House is open and available to all boaters on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is important to respect fellow boaters that may be utilizing the space, and if people are watching a ball game, or playing cards, or enjoying some other activity, please respect their activity and do not interrupt them by changing TV channels, playing music, adjusting the lights, etc., and practice good manners.
- Boaters may use the refrigerator, but please do not store food in the clubhouse refrigerator/freezer long term unless you check with the office staff, and please label it with your name, slip number and date. The marina staff and local caterers use the Club House kitchen to prepare for events and to store supplies.
Mail and Deliveries
- Please time all package deliveries to arrive when you are on property. The Marina does not have a designated mail room and cannot receive and store packages for long periods of time.
- All mail should be sent to your residence or a post office box. The Marina Office does not accept regular mail for obvious reasons.
- If you are out of town and we receive packages for you at the Marina office, we will ask that the packages be returned to sender if not picked up.
Thank you in advance for adhering to these rules, which are designed to enhance the overall boating experience for ALL of our boaters and guests, and to help the marina staff to keep the property in top condition.
Anchor Club Rewards Points
Thank you for your interest in the IGY Anchor Club!
What is the IGY Anchor Club?
The IGY Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club allows you to accumulate points each time you stay at a participating IGY location.
The IGY Anchor Club rewards provide all kinds of gifts such as electronics, jewelry, vessel needs and services, clothing – you name it, we have it!
Earn FREE Rewards Points valid toward gifts, services, travel and charities when you stay with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates!
Sign up here! It’s as easy as Register, Activate, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to create your password to redeem your points at our members-only site, www.igyanchorclubrewards.com.
Activate your account by logging in and changing your password. Points do not start accumulating until after your account is activated. Retroactive points are unavailable.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member.
Earn rewards points based on a percentage of the amount spent on dockage. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
Redeem your points for travel, services, electronics, jewelry, clothing, or even trade your points and donate to charity!
All that's left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name, and overall length and you'll receive a welcome email to start earning points!
"Just keep being the greatest marina around!"
"The parking is a bit slim. However the facilities are always clean and stocked and the pool being heated is very appreciated!"
"We love it here. Don't change a thing! The social aspects of this marina bring boaters together and we have made many cruising friends and this is what keeps us coming back."
ItinerariesView all itineraries
3 day - Jacksonville
Jacksonville offers so much to see and do. Here are a few ideas for a 3 day stay.View itinerary
5 day - Jacksonville
Enjoy the exciting downtown Jacksonville area with this 5 day itinerary.View itinerary
Local Attractions - Jacksonville
There are so many things to see and do in Jacksonville. Here are some great activities and sites.View itinerary
Annual Events - Jacksonville
Want to know the best time of year to visit? Here are some annual events that may help you decide.View itinerary