The management and staff of Yacht Club Isle de Sol would like to welcome you to St. Maarten. Whether this is your first visit to our beautiful island, or you’ve made the Simpson Bay Lagoon your winter home in the past, we hope the information provided here will be of use.
Our impressive facilities are designed to delight even the most discerning yachtsmen from around the globe. The Yacht Club Isle de Sol is an extremely secure facility conveniently located just inside the Simpson Bay Bridge.
With a private entrance and countless amenities, your guests and crew are sure to be comfortable. If there is anything that the marina staff or I can do to make your stay more memorable and relaxing, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Marina General Manager
Regional Director of Marina Operations: Caribbean & Latin America
Contact the Bridge Operator on VHF Channel 12 for permission to enter or leave Simpson Bay Lagoon. All vessels must clear in/out with Customs & Immigration when sailing between the Dutch & French sides of the island.
Bridge Opening Times:
9:30 am | 11:30 am | 3:00 pm | 5:00 pm
Bridge Opening Times:
8:30 am | 10:30 am | 4:00 pm
Special bridge openings are available with 24-hour advance notice.
Bridge Operator Contact Information
Phone: +1 721-545-5230 or +1 721-545-3183
Simpson Bay Bridge Information
Maximum Width 55′ (16.75m)
Bridge Clearance 8′ (2.4m) varies with tide changes
Water Depth 19.5′ (6m)
Arrival Information Details
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at the Yacht Club Isle de Sol. Berthing is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. We ask that you provide advanced notice, when feasible, of your approximate arrival time so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience to you.
Please Note: Captains and his/her assignee must check-in/check-out with the marina office for each stay unless otherwise arranged with marina management.
|Check-Out: 10:30 am
||Check-In: 4:30 pm
After passage through Simpson Bay Bridge, you will be escorted to your slip by an IGY Marinas tender. Dock attendants will guide you in and assist you with docking. Once comfortably settled, we ask that you visit our marina office to check-in. The staff will quickly register you and answer any questions.
Upon departure, we request you contact the marina office 1-2 hours prior to departure to ensure all items are in order. A receipt can be provided at the marina office or emailed upon request to the email address provided at the time of check-in. If all items are in order, please hail the marina office on VHF Channel 16 or 78A if you would like assistance with disconnection and lines.
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out
If a slip is occupied after 10:30 am on the day of your scheduled departure, an additional night’s dockage will be charged to your account.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requests whenever possible. In most cases, if your slip is available prior to 4:30 pm on the day of your arrival, or after 10:30 am on the day of your departure, we will allow you to remain in the slip at no additional charge. Prior arrangements must be made with the marina office for early arrival or delayed departure in order to avoid unnecessary charges.
In the event an early check-in and/or late check-out is unable to be accommodated in your current slip, we will try to accommodate by making another slip available until such time your slip is available or you are ready to depart the marina.
In the event a temporary slip is made available to you, and you do not relocate the vessel, the marina reserves the right to charge you two times (2x’s) the original daily rate for each night you occupy the temporary slip.
This is necessary as the Yacht Club Isle de Sol operates at full occupancy at times and failure to relocate the vessel could negatively affect other guests.
All non-peak season reservations require a 72-hour cancellation notice.
*Peak Dates & Restrictions:
Peak dates December 1st thru March 30th Require a 21-day cancellation notice for a full deposit refund.
One-week cancellation notice prior to arrival full refund minus 10%
Please note: Cancellation policies are subject to change. Please refer to your reservation confirmation or contact the marina office direct for confirmation of cancellation policy. Cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the marina. Any cancellation requests received through the IGY Marinas website are not considered proper cancellation.
Contact & Hours of Operation
Port Clearance Office
Hours of Operation:
Open daily: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Open 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Outbound clearance can be done a day in advance of departure as long as the total number of crew and total number of guests departing are correct.
Customs & Immigration Office
Hours of Operation:
Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am to 6:30 pm (Closed from 11:45 am to 2:00 pm)
Open 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Outbound clearance can be done a day in advance of departure as long as the captain/agent as all of the crew and guest passports. By advance request, special after hour clearances are available through a local agent.
Customs & Immigration Information
- Please note: We do our best to ensure this information is up-to-date, however, this is strictly for informational purposes only. We recommend reviewing the Customs and Immigration site for the destination requirements.
The Immigration Department is in the Police Station located adjacent to the channel into the Simpson Bay Lagoon. In order to clear in and out of the St. Maarten Immigration Office, you will need the following:
- Three (3) copies of Immigration form
- Three (3) copies of the Crew List
- Three (3) copies of the Guest List
- One (1) copy of the Customs Declaration form
- One (1) customs monetary declaration if in possession of funds in excess of $9,999.00USD
- Valid Ship’s Registry
Safety Equipment Requirements
All vessels cruising the Caribbean waters should have the following safety equipment on-board:
- Functional life-vests for all passengers
- Parachute, orange, and para-rocket flares
- Bell and/or Whistle
- Fire Extinguisher
- VHF Radio
- First-aid Kit
Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM)
Address: Airport Rd. Simpson Bay, St. Maarten
Phone: +1 721-546-7542
- Princess Juliana International Airport is the main airport on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. The airport is located on the Dutch side of the island, in the country of Sint Maarten. While driving between the Dutch and French side of the island, you will not be required to pass through any Customs & Immigration check-points.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- St. Maarten Medical Center +1 721-543-1111
30 Welgelegen Rd, Sint Maarten
- St. Maarten Health Care Clinic +1 721-544-3568
15 Welfare Rd, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
- Dr. Halley’s Dental Clinic +1 721-544-3080
The Corner Rd. Sint Maarten
- St. Maarten Veterinary Clinic +1 721-542-0111
25 A. J. C. Brouwer Rd, Sint Maarten
- Simpson Bay Pharmacy +1 721-544-3653
68 Welfare Rd, Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten
- Windward Islands Bank, LTD +1 721-546-2942
C.A. Cannegieter St, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
- First Caribbean Int’l Bank +1 721-542-3511
Laguna View Professional Center, Welfare Rd, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
- Bank of Nova Scotia +1 721-542-2262
#62 Back St, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
- The Mailbox +1 721-553-3890
30-A Airport Rd, Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten
- FedEx World Service Center +1 721-544-2810
Welfare Road 64, Phillipsburg 97100, Sint Maarten
Inspire Giving through You – February 23, 2019
The Yacht Club Isle de Sol held a charity fair to raise money and awareness for the following charities:
Each charity held events at each of their booths and around the marina to help raise money for their charities. There was a reef clean-up, mangrove clean-up, sail boating demonstrations, swim lessons, tournaments, and lots of items for sale throughout the day.
Charities like the Nature Foundation St. Maarten work towards educating the youth on conservation issues and promoting environmental awareness in the community to stop environmental pollution, protect the environment and reduce single-use plastics. Also, they help to protect and enhance wildlife and marine life species on St. Maarten. To donate directly to the Nature Foundation St. Maarten click here.
Our number one goal is to work together inspiring others through the act of giving back our time, support efforts, accessible resources, goods and services. Please contact us for further information.
Inspire Giving through You – February 25, 2017
New Start Children’s Home
Thank you to all of our volunteers, who participated in the 2016 and 2017 “Inspire Giving through You” Community Outreach Project. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to make a difference by inspiring others to give back to their communities.
On February 25th, 2017, Yacht Club Isle de Sol, Simpson Bay Marina and many volunteers completed internal and external repairs of a home for children including yard corrections to prohibit flooding, repairs completed for safety precautions, internal and external painting, and installation of safety lighting.
Inspire Giving through You – February 20, 2016
ICAN Foundation Orphanage
Thank you to all of our volunteers, who participated in the “Inspire Giving through You” Community Outreach Project. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to make a difference by inspiring others to give back to their communities.
For more information or to donate to the organization directly, contact the St. Maarten ICAN Foundation directly at +1 721 547 7013.
40 volunteers and IGY staff/executives helped with renovations of the ICAN Foundations Orphanage. Upgrades include installation of exterior and interior doors, construction of closets, repairs and setting up playground equipment, construction of a perimeter roof, basic maintenance and deep-cleaning of the orphanage. The non-profit has received monetary donations as well as beds, cribs, air-conditioning units, linens, provisions, clothing and additional supplies.
- Painting of exterior/interior of building
- Painting and repair of perimeter fencing
- Installation and repairs of doors and locks
- Repair of playground equipment and toys
- Construction of outdoor overhanging
- Removal of truck load of garbage
Please contact us for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
The Yacht Club Isle de Sol Marina Rules
To make your stay with us more enjoyable, the following set of guidelines should be followed. These are merely suggested rules of etiquette and regulations to make the Marina and its facilities more enjoyable for all customers.
- Do not leave garbage on the docks to be picked up. Garbage should be bagged and tied and then properly placed in designated receptacles, or be placed in the garbage truck, not loosely scattered or abandoned.
- Oils and fuels should be disposed of properly and not in Marina trash cans. Please ask for assistance when disposing of oils, fuels, or chemicals. Your concern for the environment helps.
- Try not to introduce any effluents into the Marina lagoon. Use holding tanks if possible.
- Do not attempt to turn on your own water and electricity. Please have a dock attendant do it so you can be properly metered in and out. Using pliers or screwdrivers will damage the equipment and you will be charged. It is suggested that you read meters along with our dock attendant to ensure accuracy in your metered charges for utilities.
- Anyone caught taking water from another yacht’s tap shall be responsible for the entire water cost of the metered yacht. Please use your own water.
- Keep power cords and water hoses in a neat and orderly fashion so that no one will trip in the dark or while carrying objects.
- Please wash sails on lawn areas where water outlets and drying spaces are available, or do it aboard your yacht.
- When marking anchor chains with paint, use paper or cardboard beneath your chain to keep wet paint off the docks and other customers’ shoes.
- When cleaning dinghies, make sure you rinse debris and growth off of the docks when finished.
- Lock your boat when leaving it unattended.
- Lock your dinghies and outboard at night, especially Friday nights.
- Try to keep excessive noise down after 10 pm as some people do need their rest.
- Boat repairs being performed at the docks should probably not include grinding and/or power sanding.
- Barbecue and cooking on the docks is prohibited. Barbecue and cooking should be done on board in suitable equipment and self contained. Any other way is dangerous and frowned upon. Kindly clean up after yourself when finished. Charcoal ash and debris are not to be disposed of into the lagoon.
- When docking, keep bowsprits and davits over water’s edge and not protruding across the docks.
- If bright deck lights or spot lights are to be used at night, avoid pointing them at nearby boats, especially down or into their cabins.
- Try to control your pets. Some people do get upset by animals, especially when nature calls on their boat.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
WHAT IS THE IGY ANCHOR CLUB REWARDS PROGRAM?
Anchor Club Rewards Flyer Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club Rewards program allows you to accumulate points each time you dock at a participating IGY marina. Contact individual marinas to verify participation.
The IGY Loyalty Rewards program provides gift cards for you to purchase many great items. When you earn enough points you can choose a denomination of gift card you will receive an email to choose the gift card that you would like. Our new program offers international Mastercard reward cards, donations to charity and gift cards for many of your favorite stores, activities and brands. See some of the rewards available here.
Earn FREE Reward Points when you dock with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates! Activate your account immediately. Points are Not awarded on a Retroactive basis and do not start accruing until after the account is activated.
Sign up here! Send us the your name, email address, boat name and overall length, and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points! It’s as easy as Register, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive a confirmation email with details about the program.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member and the email address that you enrolled with.
Earn rewards points based on a percentage of the amount spent on dockage. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
All that’s left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name and overall length, and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points!
At IGY Marinas, we are pleased to provide a scope of services that are second-to-none. We are honored to serve as your hosts and will do everything to make sure that your visit is pleasant and memorable. We fully understand the needs and desires of the yachting community, and we offer you the highest level of service with complete attention to details.
Membership is open to owners and captains of vessels of all sizes and is free. You begin to earn points from your first visit to any participating IGY marina.
All you have to do to register is complete the form below. It’s as simple as that!
There is no cost to enroll in the Anchor Club. It is our way of thanking you for staying with us.
If, for some reason you don’t receive an email, have questions about the program or if you would like your points balance please contact us at [email protected].
Retroactive points will not be awarded. Points only available from participating marinas in the IGY Network.