On behalf of the management and staff of Yacht Haven Grande, we would like to welcome you to St. Thomas. Whether this is your first visit to our beautiful island, or you’ve made St. Thomas your home in the past, we hope that the information here will make your arrival and stay a memorable one.
Situated in St. Thomas’ scenic Charlotte Amalie Harbor, Yacht Haven Grande plays to an impressive array of the world’s finest megayachts as well as sailing, sport fishing, and pleasure crafts. A nautical paradise, Yacht Haven Grande offers easy access to the cerulean waters of the Virgin Islands and our staff is always available to assist with whatever you may require. Yacht Haven Grande, located within walking distance to historic downtown Charlotte Amalie, is complimented by numerous shopping, dining, and entertainment options that will cater to your every need.
If there is anything that the IGY team can do to make your stay with us more memorable and relaxing, please don’t hesitate to ask! Our staff is here to make sure you have an enjoyable stay in St. Thomas.
Phil Blake, Marina General Manager
EFFECTIVE AS OF: March 2, 2021
MARINA STATUS: OPEN
The US Virgin Islands remains OPEN to yacht entry, however subject to the following entry requirements:
- See the infographic below for the formal USVI arrival requirements. This applies to all arrivals (by sea or air) from outside of the US Virgin Islands, including the United States, Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands, internationally, etc.
- All arriving yachts must complete the USVI Travel Portal webform at https://usvitravelportal.com/ for each person aboard the vessel within five days prior to your arrival.
- Test results are required prior to arrival, which you should upload on the USVI Travel Portal. Below are the test types accepted:
- A negative Covid-19 molecular (rt-PCR / viral / nucleic acid amplification) test from a nasal or throat or saliva swab taken, with the result valid within the previous five days, OR
- A negative Covid-19 antigen (rapid) test from a nasal or throat swab taken, with the result valid within the previous five days, OR
- A positive Covid-19 serology antibody (blood) test, from the previous four months. Note that a negative serology test is not acceptable.
- The authorities will advise if your application is acceptable following upload to the USVI Travel Portal.
- International direct AIR arrivals to the USVI: as per CDC requirements, in this case test results are required within the previous THREE (3) days.
- Voyage time greater than five days: If you obtain acceptable test results immediately prior to a direct voyage to the USVI, not stopping elsewhere, have no illness aboard, and submit your results to the USVI Travel Portal in the required time frame, you will be accepted into the USVI (pls advise YHG marina office of this scenario).
- If you do not possess any valid test results, you will be required to self-quarantine aboard vessel for 14 days upon arrival. To reduce the 14-day quarantine requirement, you can book a Covid test through our marina office with our partner clinic. Contact the marina office at least 3-4 days in advance to book an appointment. See below for FAQs relating to organizing testing with us.
YACHT HAVEN GRANDE ARRIVAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Arriving vessels must fly their yellow ‘Q’ flags, until they have satisfied the ‘free-pratique’ requirements as per USVI regulations and international maritime law.
- Lowering the ‘Q’ yellow flag, will be official confirmation to the marina that your vessel has met its obligations under USVI and International Maritime Law, and the vessel is free from disease.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) FOR TESTING AT YHG MARINA
Q. Can the marina arrange Covid-19 testing on our behalf?
A. Yes. Simply give us 3-4 days’ notice of your ideal test date, to [email protected] to book an appointment with our partner clinic. Next day bookings are not possible, so please plan ahead.
Q. What days of the week is testing available?
A. Monday – Friday. Please avoid Fridays if results are time critical.
Q. What types of tests can be booked with your partner clinic, and what are their costs?
A. Four types of tests are available: 1) Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test (Nasal swab) – $325; 2) CUE Molecular NAAT test (outer nasal swab – more info here) – $300; 3) rt-PCR test – $325 (swab analysis on Tuesdays and Thursdays only); 4) Antibody serology (blood) test – $200.
Q. What is the typical result turnaround time?
A. The most popular tests (Abbott & CUE) typically have test result turnaround of next day; however, depending on the clinic’s business levels, you may occasionally receive results the same day.
Q. I need a test result to present to a third country’s officials. What type of test should I take?
A. Please double check if your destination will accept our default Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test.
Q. I just need a test that gives us peace of mind that my crew and/or guests are free from illness. Which test should we take?
A. Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test.
Q. I need my results as quickly as possible – which type of test should I take?
A. Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test.
Q. Does YHG offer onboard testing, where the nurse comes to our vessel to conduct the tests?
A. Yes, however, this concierge service is generally limited to yachts that have three or more crew aboard who require testing. Where only one or two crew, they will be required to walk to the Yacht Haven Grande clinic located next to Moe’s Fresh Market (two minutes’ walk from the marina office). The nurse service does not cost extra.
Q. I have rotational crew flying in to join the vessel but want them tested with clear results before they board ship. Possible?
A. Yes. We can arrange an appointment to walk into either the YHG clinic, or Red Hook clinic (whichever is more convenient). Once the result comes back clear, they can leave their onshore accommodation and report to the vessel.
Q. What time can I expect testing to occur?
A. Walks-in to the YHG clinic are generally conducted at 415pm. On-board testing is usually around 0930am, but YHG will advise your appointment time when finalizing your booking.
Q. I’m ready to book an appointment. How do I do this with you?
A. First, please send your vessel name, date of appointment (weekdays only), and your crew list of those who require testing to [email protected]. Specify what type of test you require.
A. Second, please complete the clinic registration webform for each member of crew here.
Located a short walk away from the cruise ship dock, the Shops at Yacht Haven Grande host an array of boutiques, restaurants and services within a 120,000 square foot duty-free retail village.
Arrival Information Details
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at Yacht Haven Grande, St. Thomas. We cannot guarantee available berthing for guests arriving without a reservation.
|Check-Out: 11:00 am||Check-In: 1:00 pm|
When feasible, we request an estimated time of arrival 24hr in advance so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience. Upon arrival into the Charlotte Amalie Bay, contact the marina office on VHF Channel 16 or 10 to obtain a slip assignment. A skilled dock attendant will report to the slip to assist with docking, line handling, and connections. Once comfortably settled, we ask that you visit our marina office to check-in. The staff will answer any questions you have.
Upon departure, we request you contact the marina office 1-2 hours prior to departure to ensure all items are in order. A receipt can be provided at the marina office or emailed upon request to the email address provided at the time of check-in. If all items are in order, please hail the marina office on VHF Channel 16 if you would like assistance with disconnection and lines.
Early Check-in / Late Check-out
If a slip is occupied after 4:30 pm on the day of your scheduled departure, an additional night’s dockage will be charged to your account.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requests whenever possible. In most cases, if your slip is available prior to 4:30 pm on the day of your arrival, or after 10:30 am on the day of your departure, we will allow you to remain in the slip at no additional charge. Prior arrangements must be made with the marina office for early arrival or delayed departure in order to avoid unnecessary charges.
In the event an early check-in and/or late check-out is unable to be accommodated in your currently slip, we will try to accommodate by making another slip available until such time your slip is available or you are ready to depart the marina.
In the event a temporary slip is made available to you, and you do not relocate the vessel, the marina reserves the right to charge you two times (2x’s) the original daily rate for each night you occupy the temporary slip.
This is necessary as at times, the marina operates at full occupancy and failure to relocate the vessel could negatively affect other guests.
While Yacht Haven Grande, St. Thomas does not issue refunds, in certain circumstances, the marina can hold deposits paid for use up until the following October 31st. Deposits will be forfeited at the start of the new season on November 1st.
Please note: Cancellation policies are subject to change. Please refer to your reservation confirmation or contact the marina office direct for confirmation of cancellation policy. Cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the marina. Any cancellation requests received through the IGY Marinas website are not considered proper cancellation.
Contact & Hours of Operation
Customs & Immigration Office
Hours of Operation:
Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
USVI Customs Office Website
Customs & Immigration Information
- Please note: We do our best to ensure this information is up-to-date, however, this is strictly for informational purposes only. We recommend reviewing the Customs and Immigration site for the destination requirements.
ROAM Kiosk – Roaming Off-site Arrival – Mobile
- Yacht Haven Grande, St. Thomas is the proud home of the Customs & Border patrol kiosk dedicated to the new ROAM app. The ROAM app now allows vessels to report their arrivals and clear Customs from the vessels utilizing a smart device. In most cases, an in-person visit is not necessary as the CBP officer can use the camera on the smart device to see what is needed. Guests can download the app (CBP ROAM) in the Apple store or Google Play, and set up a .gov account. The YHG kiosk will utilize a guest login that will allow access to the app for guests without a device or app.
Customs & Immigration Office
A Customs & Immigration Office is located on-site next to the marina office at Yacht Haven Grande, St. Thomas. Those reaching the port of entry after closing hours are required to raise a quarantine flag and report in the next morning. In order to clear in and out of the St. Thomas Immigration Office, you will need the following:
- Vessel registration documents
- Vessel clearance documentation from the last port of call
- Copy of passenger/crew list (form I-418)
- Passports of all crew and guests
- Copy of the Ship’s Registry
- Vessel entrance or clearance statement on CPB Form 1300
If you are arriving into the US Virgin Islands from a United States domestic location, including the mainland United States, the US Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico, and have a US Flag and crew, no special immigration procedures are required.
Safety Equipment Requirements
All vessels cruising the Caribbean waters should have the following safety equipment on-board:
- Functional life-vests for all passengers
- Parachute, orange, and para-rocket flares
- Bell and/or Whistle
- Fire Extinguisher
- VHF Radio
- First-aid Kit
Cyril E. King Airport (STT)
Address: Airport Rd. Charlotte Amalie West, St. Thomas 00802 USVI
Phone: +1 340-774-5100
- Cyril E. King Airport is a public airport located 2 miles west of the central business district of Charlotte Amalie on the island of St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- Schneider Regional Medical Center +1 340-776-8311
9048 Alton Adams Sr Dr, St Thomas 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Yacht Haven Family Practice +1 340-776-1511
5302 Yacht Haven Grande, Suite 125, St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Doctor’s Choice Pharmacy +1 340-777-1400
9400 Wheatley Shopping Center Charlotte Amalie St Thomas 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands
- The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy +1 340-776-1235
9004 Havensight Shopping Mall, St. Thomas, VI 00802
- St. Thomas Federal Credit Union +1 340-774-1299
5027 Norre Gade, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- FirstBank Port of Sale +1 340-774-4800
Havensight, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- Western Union +1 340-774-4046
3 10 St Estate Thomas Charlotte Amalie East St Thomas 00802
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center +1 340-838-7834
Charlotte Amalie West, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- US Postal Service +1 800-275-8777
9846 Estate Thomas, St Thomas 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands
- DHL Express +1 340-774-4066
Charlotte Amalie West, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- UPS +1 340-776-1700
4001 Alcohens Plaza Ste.9,Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands
Inspire Giving through You – February 23, 2019
Bertha C. Boschulte Middle School
Yacht Haven Grande, St. Thomas and American Yacht Harbor teamed up with My Brother’s Workshop to support a local middle school. Marina teams and volunteers split into groups and assisted in the clean-up of storm debris left over from Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Five full loads of debris were disposed of. In addition, teams comprised of employees, local businesses, owners, captains and crew participated in helping The Bertha C. Boschulte Middle School rejuvenate some of its outdoor area for the children. They built new picnic tables, benches and planter boxes.
If you were unable to attend our day of community service, but would still like to help, please contact us for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
Our number one goal is to work together inspiring others through the act of giving back our time, support efforts, accessible resources, goods and services.
Inspire Giving through You – February 10, 2018
Ivanna Eudora Kean High School
For the 2018 “Inspire Giving through You” initiative Yacht Haven Grande, St. Thomas and American Yacht Harbor gathered volunteers comprised of employees, owners, captains and crew to participate in rebuilding the island of St. Thomas. Ivanna Aurora Kean High School’s Marine Education Building was devastated by Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Thank you to all that joined us in our efforts to help students return to vital programs in their schools.
If you’re unable to attend our day of community service, but would still like to help, please contact us for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
Our number one goal is to work together inspiring others through the act of giving back our time, support efforts, accessible resources, goods and services.
Inspire Giving through You – February 25, 2017
UVI Water Ambassador Program
Thank you to all of our volunteers, who participated in the 2016 and 2017 “Inspire Giving through You” Community Outreach Project. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to make a difference by inspiring others to give back to their communities.
Yacht Haven Grande St. Thomas, American Yacht Harbor and the many volunteers worked together in support of the UVI Water Ambassador Program in St. Thomas. The program works in direct correlation with the Addelita Cancryn Junior High School teaching students skills in Hydrology. These young entrepreneurials learn water safety, water quality testing, and study ways to improve the environment to impact the water quality. The students also learn organic farming techniques and the produced goods are utilized in the school’s lunch program and sold at the Yacht Haven Grande, St. Thomas Farmer’s Market to raise money for the program.
On February 25th, 2017, the team of volunteers assisted in the construction of a Hydrologic Learning Center.
- Construction of raised garden beds
- Construction of green house
- Construction and installation of work tables
- Plant trees
Inspire Giving through You – February 20, 2016
St. Thomas Marine Vocational Program
Thank you to all of our volunteers, who participated in the “Inspire Giving through You” Community Outreach Project. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to make a difference by inspiring others to give back to their communities.
For more information or to donate to the organization directly,
- St. Thomas Community Aquatic Center
- USVI Marine Vocational Program: Click here
48 volunteers and IGY staff/executives assisted with restorations of The St. Thomas Swimming Association’s community pool and The Boys and Girls Club. IGY crews contributed their time to cleaning and preparing the pool deck of the Aquatic Training Center with a fresh coat of paint. Additional efforts were directed to improving the Boys & Girls Club, painting the exterior and interior of the facilities, installing ceiling fans and light fixtures, deep cleaning of the kitchen and organization of supplies.
The St. Thomas Swimming Association is a non-profit organization committed to providing and promoting competitive and recreational swimming and water safety programs to the St. Thomas community.The Community Aquatic Center, frequently used by the USVI Marine Vocational Program. The USVI Marine Vocational Program is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing the youth of the Virgin Islands with a career path into the marine and hospitality industry.
- Painting of pool deck, restrooms and interior of Aquatic Center
- Painting of interior of Boys & Girls Club
- Installation of new ceiling fans and light fixtures (B&G Club)
- Deep cleaning of kitchen
- Organization of supplies
- Removal 3 truck loads of garbage
Please contact us for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
Yacht Haven Grande, St. Thomas Marina Rules
- The following are the rules and regulations for the operation of the Marina. Compliance with these rules and regulations is a condition of use for all vessels, their owners, captains and crews, as well as all guests, invitees or customers at the Marina.
- The Rules of the Road and the Navigation Laws of the United States shall control all vessels at, departing or approaching the Marina.
- Once at the slip or dock at the marina, a vessel shall immediately come under the jurisdiction of the Dock Master of the Marina. Only vessels in good condition, and under their own power, shall be admitted to the slip and berthing area of the Marina.
- The parties agree that Marina does not accept the vessel for storage, is not a bailee, and will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the vessel or its tackle or to any person visiting the vessel, unless caused by an affirmative act of negligence of Marina. However, during the absence of Owner, if Marina finds the vessel insecure or in danger, Marina is authorized, but not required, to take temporary action to protect the vessel and necessary and reasonable costs therefore shall be charged against the vessel.
- Pets are permitted only with the prior permission of the Marina, and only if they do not disturb others. Boat owners, captains, crew or their guests are strictly liable for any damage caused by any pets. No animal shall be permitted on the Marina properties, unless leashed or otherwise secured.
- Refuse shall not be thrown or allowed to fall overboard and all garbage is to be deposited in the appropriate containers. No oil, spirits, inflammable liquids or oily bilges shall be discharged into marina waters. All laws, rules and regulations with regard to marine sanitary devices shall be strictly complied with. All vessels are financially responsible for any clean-up costs for any discharge described above or other illegal discharge.
- Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times and all owners and captains are requested to use discretion in operating engines, generators, radios, television, power tools and the like so as to minimize disturbance of others using the marina as well as marina neighbors.
- Swimming, diving and fishing are not permitted from the marina or from vessels at the marina.
- No vehicles, including bicycles, shall be parked on or ridden on the docks. Parking of vehicles on Marina property may be permitted at the discretion of the Dock Master on a space available basis.
- Boat owners and captains shall not store or allow to be stored any supplies, materials, accessories or debris on any Marina property, including the docks or piers. Failure to comply with this provision shall cause the removal of any such property by the Dock Master. No painting, sanding, scraping or repairing of any vessel or equipment belonging to any vessel shall be permitted on the Marina property without the specific prior written consent of the Dock Master. The extent of any repair or maintenance to be undertaken at the Marina shall be solely at the discretion of the Dock Master and any such repair or maintenance permitted shall be wholly at the risk of the owner/vessel undertaking such repairs.
- Laundry shall not be hung on boats, docks or piers at the marina.
- No signs shall be displayed aboard any vessel at the marina without the prior written consent of the Dock Master. Owner understands that the Marina is a commercial endeavor and, therefore, Vessel Owner hereby agrees to refrain from any commercial activities competitive with the interest of the Marina on the premises of the Marina. Vessel Owner agrees not to operate boat rentals or charter parties or any commercial activities from the Marina without the prior written permission of the Marina.
- The use of charcoal broiler, cookers or any other open-fueled appliance is strictly forbidden aboard any vessel at the marina or on any property belonging to the Marina.
- Potable water is available at each slip. Each slip occupant is responsible for water consumed from the assigned tap based upon the Marina’s established rates.
- Vessel Owner may not, and shall not have any right, to assign or transfer in whole or in part any rights under the Agreement. However, Marina shall have the right to use the slip for transient docking whenever the vessel is to be removed overnight or longer.
- The dockage day starts at 1:00 p.m. Checkout time is 12:00 p.m. the following day. Any vessel occupying a slip after 12:00 p.m. will be charged dockage for that night. Late departures can be arranged upon request, with the Dock Master.
- Violations of the rules and regulations of the Marina, failure to comply with the reasonable and proper requests of the management, indecorous conduct by the owner or captain of any vessel, or their guests, that might cause injury to another, cause damage to property, or adversely impact upon the reputation of the Marina shall be cause for the immediate removal from the marina of the vessel and/or individual(s) in question.
THE MARINA OWNER SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGE TO VESSELS IN OR AT THE MARINA OR FOR THEIR EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY. BOAT OWNERS OR CAPTAINS SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO DOCK STRUCTURES AND PILINGS OR OTHER PROPERTY BELONGING TO THE MARINA CAUSED BY THEIR ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OR BY THEIR VESSELS. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, THE MARINA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MOVE ANY VESSEL TO ANOTHER MOORING PLACE AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SO DOING BY THE OWNER/CAPTAIN.
WHAT IS THE IGY ANCHOR CLUB REWARDS PROGRAM?
Anchor Club Rewards Flyer Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club Rewards program allows you to accumulate points each time you dock at a participating IGY marina. Contact individual marinas to verify participation.
The IGY Loyalty Rewards program provides gift cards for you to purchase many great items. When you earn enough points you can choose a denomination of gift card you will receive an email to choose the gift card that you would like. Our new program offers international Mastercard reward cards, donations to charity and gift cards for many of your favorite stores, activities and brands. See some of the rewards available here.
Earn FREE Reward Points when you dock with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates! Activate your account immediately. Points are Not awarded on a Retroactive basis and do not start accruing until after the account is activated.
Sign up here! Send us the your name, email address, boat name and overall length, and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points! It’s as easy as Register, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive a confirmation email with details about the program.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member and the email address that you enrolled with.
Earn rewards points based on a percentage of the amount spent on dockage. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
All that’s left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name and overall length, and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points!
At IGY Marinas, we are pleased to provide a scope of services that are second-to-none. We are honored to serve as your hosts and will do everything to make sure that your visit is pleasant and memorable. We fully understand the needs and desires of the yachting community, and we offer you the highest level of service with complete attention to details.
Membership is open to owners and captains of vessels of all sizes and is free. You begin to earn points from your first visit to any participating IGY marina.
All you have to do to register is complete the form below. It’s as simple as that!
There is no cost to enroll in the Anchor Club. It is our way of thanking you for staying with us.
If, for some reason you don’t receive an email, have questions about the program or if you would like your points balance please contact us at [email protected]
Retroactive points will not be awarded. Points only available from participating marinas in the IGY Network.