Dear Marina Guests,
We extend to you our warmest welcome and invite you to immerse yourself in “Pura Vida” or “Pure Life” at Marina Bahia Golfito located in the heart of the Golfito Wildlife Refuge in Costa Rica. Here in Golfo Dulce, this is not just an expression, it’s a way of life. Warm smiles and the best fishing in Costa Rica await your arrival. Our friendly staff is ready to assist, whether you are staying with us for an extended vacation or just simply passing through. Various guided tours and jaw-dropping adventures are always right around the corner within the town’s local flora and fauna.
If you’re looking to slow down a bit, our peaceful, relaxed atmosphere offers inspiring views and delectable on-site restaurants including a beachfront bar with views of Golfito Bay. Marina Bahia Golfito is considered the home of big game fishing, and Golfo Dulce offers you a variety of fishing activities all within a few miles off the shoreline. We are certain that you will have an enjoyable stay, but please let us know if we can do anything else to ensure this unique opportunity makes your visit memorable. On behalf of IGY and Marina Bahia Golfito, welcome and “Pura Vida”.
The Marina Bahia Golfito Team
Arrival Information Details
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at the Marina Bahia Golfito. Berthing is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. We ask that you provide advanced notice, when feasible, of your approximate arrival time so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience to you.
Please Note: Captains and his/her assignee must check-in/check-out with the marina office for each stay unless otherwise arranged with marina management.
|Check-Out: 1:00 pm
||Check-In: 2:00 pm
When feasible, we request an estimated time of arrival 24hr in advance so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience.
Upon arrival contact the marina office on VHF Channel 16 to obtain directions to the slip assignment. A skilled dock attendant will report to the slip to assist with docking, line handling, and connections. Once comfortably settled, we ask that you visit our marina office to check-in. The staff will answer any questions you have.
Upon departure, we request you contact the marina office 1-2 hours prior to departure to ensure all items are in order. A receipt can be provided at the marina office or emailed upon request to the email address provided at the time of check-in. If all items are in order, please hail the marina office on VHF Channel 16 if you would like assistance with disconnection and lines.
Early Check-in / Late Check-out
If a slip is occupied after 2:00 pm on the day of your scheduled departure, an additional night’s dockage will be charged to your account.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requests whenever possible. In most cases, if your slip is available prior to 2:00 pm on the day of your arrival, or after 1:00 pm on the day of your departure, we will allow you to remain in the slip at no additional charge. Prior arrangements must be made with the marina office for early arrival or delayed departure in order to avoid unnecessary charges.
In the event an early check-in and/or late check-out is unable to be accommodated in your currently slip, we will try to accommodate by making another slip available until such time your slip is available or you are ready to depart the marina.
In the event a temporary slip is made available to you, and you do not relocate the vessel, the marina reserves the right to charge you two times (2x’s) the original daily rate for each night you occupy the temporary slip.
This is necessary as at times, the marina operates at full occupancy and failure to relocate the vessel could negatively affect other guests.
Please note: Cancellation policies are subject to change. Please refer to your reservation confirmation or contact the marina office direct for confirmation of cancellation policy. Cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the marina. Any cancellation requests received through the IGY Marinas website are not considered proper cancellation.
Contact & Hours of Operation
Customs & Immigration Office
Contact the marina office to arrange for clearance.
Customs & Immigration Information
- Please note: We do our best to ensure this information is up-to-date, however, this is strictly for informational purposes only. We recommend reviewing the Customs and Immigration site for the destination requirements.
Customs must be notified 72 hrs in advance of arrival to report a firm arrival location and ETA. Please also advise the Marina Office of ETA. Upon approach, hail VHF channel 16 to obtain slip assignment and directions. Dockhands will be awaiting your arrival to assist with guidance and dock lines. Once settled, please report to the marina office to complete registration.
Upon your arrival, a marina staff member will contact the Port Captain who will arrive to your vessel with the official documents necessary for clearance into the country.
Those reaching the port of entry after closing hours are required to raise a quarantine flag and report in the next morning.
All persons entering Costa Rica must have passports that have been valid for at least six (6) months and cannot expire within six (6) months. It is essential to ensure that all requirements are complied with from the first Port of Entry. Clearance papers from the last port or country must be shown. Clearance must be done with the Port Authority, then Customs, Immigration and Quarantine. Port officials will usually visit the yacht on entering Costa Rica. A National Zarpe (Clearance Certificate) is required to go between ports (even if just going across the bay from an anchorage to a marina).
In order to clear in and out of the Costa Rican Immigration Office and to request an Exit Zarpe from the Port Captain, you will need two (5) copies of each of the following:
- Vessel Registration Documentation
- Vessel Proof of Insurance
- Passports of all guests and crew with previous country’s immigration exit stamp
- Clearance Certificates (Zapres) from previous ports
- Please note: All forms are completed in Spanish, if you prefer to employ an agent, the marina office can offer referrals.
Safety Equipment Requirements
All vessels cruising the Caribbean waters should have the following safety equipment on-board:
- Functional life-vests for all passengers
- Parachute, orange, and para-rocket flares
- Bell and/or Whistle
- Fire Extinguisher
- VHF Radio
- First-aid Kit
Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
Address: Rio Segundo, Costa Rica
- The airport is hub of local airline Nature Air and Sansa Airlines, and focus city airport for Copa Airlines and Avianca. It was the country’s only international gateway for many years, but nowadays there is also an international airport in Liberia, Guanacaste. Both airports have direct flights to North and Central America and Europe, with the difference that Juan Santamaría International Airport also serves cities in South America and the Caribbean.
Golfito Airport (GLF)
Address: Puntarenas Province, Golfito, Costa Rica
- Domestic airport serving Golfito.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- Hospital Golfito Manuel Mora Valverde +506 2775-7800
- Farmacia Golfito +506 2775-2442
- Coopealianza +506 2775 0025
- Banco de Costa Rica Golfito +506 2211-1111
- Banco Nacional +506 2775-1101
- Post Office +506 2775-1911
- UPS +506 229-4750
- DHL +506 2209-6060
- FedEx +506 800-463-3339
Marina Bahia Golfito Marina Rules
To make your stay with us more enjoyable, the following set of guidelines should be followed. These are merely suggested rules of etiquette and regulations to make the Marina and its facilities more enjoyable for all customers.
- There is a “NO WAKE” zone throughout the lagoons. Please make sure that you are thoughtful of these areas.
- Do not leave garbage on the docks to be picked up. Garbage should be bagged, tied and then properly placed in designated receptacles, or placed in the garbage truck, not loosely scattered or abandoned.
- Oils and fuels should be disposed of properly and not in the Marina trashcan. Please ask for assistance when disposing of oils, fuels, or chemicals. Your concern for the environment helps.
- Try not to introduce any effluents into the Marina Lagoon. Use holding tanks if possible.
- Do not attempt to turn on your own water and electricity. Please have a dock attendant take care of this so you can be properly metered in and out. Using pliers or screwdrivers will damage the equipment, for which you will be charged. It is suggested that you read meters along with our dock attendant to ensure accuracy in your metered charges for utilities.
- Anyone caught taking water from another yacht’s tap shall be responsible for the entire water cost of the metered yacht. Please use your own water.
- Keep power cords and water hoses in a neat and orderly fashion so that no one will trip in the dark or while carrying objects.
- After receiving prior approval from the Marina Office, please wash sails on lawn areas where water outlets and drying spaces are available, or do so aboard your yacht.
- If Marina Office has approved, please make sure that when marking anchor chains with paint, use paper or cardboard beneath your chain to keep wet paint off the docks and other customers’ shoes.
- When cleaning dinghies, make sure you rinse debris and growth off of the docks when finished.
- Lock your boat when leaving it unattended.
- Lock your dinghies and outboard at night.
- Try to keep excessive noise down after 10 pm as some people do need their rest.
- No boat repairs are to be performed at the boat dock. If repairs need to be performed please contact the Marina Office.
- Barbecue and cooking in general is prohibited on the docks. Barbecue and cooking should be done on board in suitable equipment and be self-contained. Any other way is dangerous and frowned upon. Kindly clean up after yourself when finished. Charcoal ash and debris are not to be disposed of into the lagoon.
- When docking, keep bowsprits and davits over water’s edge and not protruding across the docks.
- If bright deck lights or spotlights are to be used at night, avoid pointing them at nearby boats, especially down at or into their cabins.
- Try to control your pets. Some people do get upset by having animals on/or around their boat, specially when nature calls on their boat.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
WHAT IS THE IGY ANCHOR CLUB REWARDS PROGRAM?
Anchor Club Rewards Flyer Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club Rewards program allows you to accumulate points each time you dock at a participating IGY marina. Contact individual marinas to verify participation.
The IGY Loyalty Rewards program provides gift cards for you to purchase many great items. When you earn enough points you can choose a denomination of gift card you will receive an email to choose the gift card that you would like. Our new program offers international Mastercard reward cards, donations to charity and gift cards for many of your favorite stores, activities and brands. See some of the rewards available here.
Earn FREE Reward Points when you dock with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates! Activate your account immediately. Points are Not awarded on a Retroactive basis and do not start accruing until after the account is activated.
Sign up here! Send us the your name, email address, boat name and overall length, and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points! It’s as easy as Register, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive a confirmation email with details about the program.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member and the email address that you enrolled with.
Earn rewards points based on a percentage of the amount spent on dockage. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
All that’s left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name and overall length, and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points!
At IGY Marinas, we are pleased to provide a scope of services that are second-to-none. We are honored to serve as your hosts and will do everything to make sure that your visit is pleasant and memorable. We fully understand the needs and desires of the yachting community, and we offer you the highest level of service with complete attention to details.
Membership is open to owners and captains of vessels of all sizes and is free. You begin to earn points from your first visit to any participating IGY marina.
All you have to do to register is complete the form below. It’s as simple as that!
There is no cost to enroll in the Anchor Club. It is our way of thanking you for staying with us.
If, for some reason you don’t receive an email, have questions about the program or if you would like your points balance please contact us at [email protected]
Retroactive points will not be awarded. Points only available from participating marinas in the IGY Network.