On behalf of the management and staff at Yacht Haven Grande Miami at Island Gardens, an IGY Marinas megayacht and superyacht marina, we would like to welcome you to Miami.
Welcoming vessels up to 550’ (167.7m) and tucked inside the Miami Causeway between downtown Miami and world-famed Miami Beach, Yacht Haven Grande Miami at Island Gardens provides guests with access to South Florida’s most prestigious events, world-renowned festivals, and the widest variety of cuisines from all over the globe. Overlooking the marina basin with the Miami skyline as a backdrop, the on-site restaurant, The Deck, offers a private and exclusive venue for parties and gatherings.
We at IGY Marinas and Yacht Haven Grande Miami at Island Gardens, are familiar with the needs of megayachts and superyachts. We work with some of the industry’s best providers to coordinate arrangements for fueling, provisioning, and services required for the world’s largest vessels.
On behalf of the team, we look forward to hosting you in Miami, and if there is anything that we can do to ensure smooth owner visits, charter transitions, and help make your stay more enjoyable, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Yacht Haven Grande Miami at Island Gardens General Manager
IGY’s newest marina addition, Yacht Haven Grande Miami at Island Gardens, is the backdrop to Miami’s most exquisite outdoor restaurant and lounge. It is the perfect environment for guests to wine, dine and dance outdoors.
The Deck at Island Gardens, Miami’s newest chic outdoor lounge, offers a perfect environment for Miami’s elite to wine, dine and dance outdoors. Guests are welcome to arrive by land or sea, and can sit comfortably at full-size dining tables or waterfront cabana lounges. We offer stunning picturesque views of Downtown Miami and Biscayne Bay, one of the most signature sunset views South Miami has to offer.
During the week, home to many corporate functions and private events and from Friday to Sunday guests can experience and reminisce the lifestyles from the various Ports of Call from Ibiza to Porto Cervo, that make up the global yachting community, welcoming Miami as the newest destination in North America for superyachts.
To view seasonal offerings visit: www.islandgardens.com/the-deck
For reservations please contact 786.627.4949 or [email protected].
Arrival Information Details
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at the Yacht Haven Grande Miami at Island Gardens. Berthing is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. We ask that you provide advanced notice, when feasible, of your approximate arrival time so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience to you.
Please Note: Captains and his/her assignee must check-in/check-out with the marina office for each stay unless otherwise arranged with marina management.
|Check-Out: 1:00 pm||Check-In: 2:00 pm|
When feasible, we request an estimated time of arrival 24hr in advance so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience.
Upon arrival contact the marina office on VHF Channel 71 to obtain directions to the slip assignment. A skilled dock attendant will report to the slip to assist with docking, line handling, and connections. Once comfortably settled, we ask that you visit our marina office to check-in. The staff will answer any questions you have.
Upon departure, we request you contact the marina office 1-2 hours prior to departure to ensure all items are in order. A receipt can be provided at the marina office or emailed upon request to the email address provided at the time of check-in. If all items are in order, please hail the marina office on VHF Channel 71 if you would like assistance with disconnection and lines.
Early Check-in / Late Check-out
If a slip is occupied after 2:00 pm on the day of your scheduled departure, an additional night’s dockage will be charged to your account.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requests whenever possible. In most cases, if your slip is available prior to 2:00 pm on the day of your arrival, or after 1:00 pm on the day of your departure, we will allow you to remain in the slip at no additional charge. Prior arrangements must be made with the marina office for early arrival or delayed departure in order to avoid unnecessary charges.
In the event an early check-in and/or late check-out is unable to be accommodated in your currently slip, we will try to accommodate by making another slip available until such time your slip is available or you are ready to depart the marina.
In the event a temporary slip is made available to you, and you do not relocate the vessel, the marina reserves the right to charge you two times (2x’s) the original daily rate for each night you occupy the temporary slip.
This is necessary as at times, the marina operates at full occupancy and failure to relocate the vessel could negatively affect other guests.
Please note: Cancellation policies are subject to change. Please refer to your reservation confirmation or contact the marina office direct for confirmation of cancellation policy. Cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the marina. Any cancellation requests received through the IGY Marinas website are not considered proper cancellation.
Contact & Hours of Operation
Customs & Immigration Office
903 South America Way
Miami, FL 33132
Hours of Operation:
7 days a week 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
Customs & Immigration Information
- Please note: We do our best to ensure this information is up-to-date, however, this is strictly for informational purposes only. We recommend reviewing the Customs and Immigration site for the destination requirements.
Customs & Immigration Office
A Customs & Immigration Office is located near the marina, however, transportation is highly suggested and can be arranged prior to arrival.
Those reaching the port of entry after closing hours are required to raise a quarantine flag and report in the next morning.
In order to clear in and out of the Immigration Office, you will need the following:
- Vessel registration documents
- Vessel clearance documentation from the last port of call
- Copy of passenger/crew list (form I-418)
- Passports of all crew and guests
- Copy of the Ship’s Registry
- Vessel entrance or clearance statement on CPB Form 1300
If you are arriving into Miami from a United States domestic location, including the mainland United States, the US Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico, and have a US Flag and crew, no special immigration procedures are required.
Safety Equipment Requirements
All vessels cruising the United States waters should have the following safety equipment on-board:
- Functional life-vests for all passengers
- Parachute, orange, and para-rocket flares
- Bell and/or Whistle
- Fire Extinguisher
- VHF Radio
- First-aid Kit
Miami International Airport (MIA)
Address: 2100 NW 42nd Ave. Miami, FL 33126
Phone: +1 305-876-7000
- Miami International Airport, also known as MIA and historically as Wilcox Field, is the primary airport serving the Miami area, with over 1,000 daily flights to 167 domestic and international destinations.
Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)
Address: 100 Terminal Dr. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Phone: +1 954-359-1200
- Fort Lauderdale International Airport, also known as FLL, is a secondary airport serving the Miami area. Located approximately 30mi from Miami, FLL is the locals choice for international flights.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- Mercy Hospital +1 305-854-4400
3663 S. Miami Ave. Miami, FL 33133
- Mt. Sinai Medical Center +1 305-674-2273
4300 Alton Rd. Miami Beach, FL 33140
- Univ. of Miami Hospital +1 305-325-5511
1400 NW 12th Ave. Miami, FL 33136
- CVS Pharmacy & Walk-in Clinic +1 305-531-7311
Address: 306 Lincoln Rd.. Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Walgreens Pharmacy +1 305-531-7688
524 Jefferson Ave. Miami Beach, FL 33139
- TD Bank +1 305-531-0642
500 Collins Ave. Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Wells Fargo Bank +1 305-372-5779
555 Washington Ave. Ste A, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- City National Bank of FL +1 305-534-3301
446 Collins Ave. Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Chase Bank +1 305-459-8984
504 Washington Ave. Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Citibank +1 786-347-3139
830 5th St. Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Continental National Bank +1 305 642-2440
888 Biscayne Blvd. Miami, FL 33132
- FIS +1 305 350-3890
50 NE 9th Street Miami, FL 33132
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center +1 305-532-4241
1617 Alton Rd. Miami Beach FL 33139
- US Postal Service +1 800-275-8777
1661 West Ave. Miami Beach FL 33139
36 NE 1st Street Ste 310 Miami, FL 33132
- The UPS Store +1 305-538-5076
1521 Alton Rd. Miami Beach, FL 3313
- The UPS Access Point +1 786-420-5104
1655 NW 3rd Ave. Miami, FL 33136
Yacht Haven Grande Miami at Island Gardens Marina Rules
To make your stay with us more enjoyable, the following set of guidelines should be followed. These are merely suggested rules of etiquette and regulations to make the Marina and its facilities more enjoyable for all customers.
- Do not leave garbage on the docks or common areas to be picked up. Garbage should be bagged and tied and then properly placed in designated receptacles, or be placed in the garbage truck, not loosely scattered or abandoned.
- Oils and fuels should be disposed of properly and not in Marina trash cans. Please ask for assistance when disposing of oils, fuels, or chemicals. Your concern for the environment helps.
- Try not to introduce any effluents into the Marina lagoon. Use holding tanks if possible.
- Do not attempt to turn on your own water and electricity. Please have a dock attendant provide the service. Using pliers or screwdrivers will damage the equipment and you will be charged. It is suggested that you read meters (if applicable) along with our dock attendant to ensure accuracy.
- Anyone caught taking water from another yacht’s tap shall be responsible for the entire water cost of the metered yacht. Please use your own water.
- Keep power cords and water hoses in a neat and orderly fashion so that no one will trip in the dark or while carrying objects.
- Please wash sails on lawn areas where water outlets and drying spaces are available, or do it aboard your yacht.
- When marking anchor chains with paint, use paper or cardboard beneath your chain to keep wet paint off the docks and other customers’ shoes.
- When cleaning dinghies, make sure you rinse debris and growth off of the docks when finished.
- Lock the vessel when leaving it unattended.
- Lock your dinghies and outboard at night.
- Try to keep excessive noise down after 10:00 pm.
- Do not utilize power sanders or grinders while completing minor vessel repairs.
- Barbecue and cooking on the docks is prohibited. Barbecue and cooking should be done on board in suitable equipment and self contained. Any other way is dangerous and frowned upon. Kindly clean up after yourself when finished. Charcoal ash and debris are not to be disposed of into the lagoon.
- If bright deck lights or spot lights are to be used at night, avoid pointing them at nearby boats, especially down or into their cabins.
- Pets need to be kept on a leash or in an acceptable carrying case. Please be sure to clean up after your pets. Owners will be responsible for any damages caused by unattended pets.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Anchor Club Rewards Points
Thank you for your interest in the IGY Anchor Club!
What is the IGY Anchor Club?
The IGY Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club allows you to accumulate points each time you stay at a participating IGY location.
The IGY Anchor Club rewards provide all kinds of gifts such as electronics, jewelry, vessel needs and services, clothing – you name it, we have it!
Earn FREE Rewards Points valid toward gifts, services, travel and charities when you stay with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates!
Sign up here! It’s as easy as Register, Activate, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to create your password to redeem your points at our members-only site, www.igyanchorclubrewards.com.
Activate your account by logging in and changing your password. Points do not start accumulating until after your account is activated. Retroactive points are unavailable.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member.
Earn rewards points based on a percentage of the amount spent on dockage. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
Redeem your points for travel, services, electronics, jewelry, clothing, or even trade your points and donate to charity!
All that’s left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name, and overall length and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points!