The management and staff at St. Katharine Docks would very much like to welcome you to the marina and wish you an enjoyable stay. With its unique location and excellent transport links to the rest of London, St. Katharine Docks are a stone’s throw from the delights of one of the world’s greatest cities.
Whether you are using the marina as a convenient base from which to explore London, or, looking for a bit of peace and quiet in this secluded enclave of our busy capital city, our impressive facilities are designed to delight even the most discerning yachtsmen.
If there is anything which management or staff could do to make your stay more pleasurable, please contact us in the marina reception and we will be happy to assist you.
The St. Katharine Docks Marina Team
Winter Season (November – March)
The lock operates HW- 2hrs to HW + 1.5hrs, during 0800 – 1800 hrs.
Summer Season (April – October)
The lock operates HW – 2hrs to HW + 1.5hrs, during 0600 – 2030 hrs.
St Katharine Docks Marina may be contacted on VHF Channel 80 during scheduled locking times. Call sign “St Katharine’s”.
Arrival Information Details
“Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at St. Katharine Docks. Berthing is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. We ask that you provide advanced notice, when feasible, of your approximate arrival time so we can include your vessel in our locking schedule and minimize any inconvenience to you.
Please Note: Captains and his/her assignee must check-in/check-out with the marina office for each stay unless otherwise arranged with marina management.
As soon as you have Tower Bridge in sight, please hail the marina on VHF Channel 80 and call sign “St. Katharine’s”. The Dock Team will provide an update on the current operations of the lock. At that time, your berth assignment will be provided and the dock team will greet you in the lock and assist with your docking. Once secured in the lock, you will be asked to visit our Marina Reception to complete your arrival procedure. The staff will quickly register you and answer any questions.
Please contact the Marina Reception during the day before your departure to organise your lock out time. We will ask for your preferred departure time but please be flexible as we are obliged to group yachts together, to optimise the locking time available. The lock operates approximately 2 hours before and 1.30 hours after High Water (London Bridge) between the hours of 0600-2030 during the summer season (April-October) and 0800-1800 in the winter season. All locking operations must be completed in these times.
Payment by debit card is the preferred option. Please keep your access cards and any loaned equipment until you lock out with the boat. About 15 minutes before your lock out, one of our Dock masters will make an announcement on VHF Channel 80 and confirm the vessels involved in the lock out and any preferred order for vessels to arrive at the lock. If you require a bridge to be lifted or opened, this will also be confirmed. As you will remember from your arrival, there is a floating pontoon on the eastern side of the lock. If the lock is busy, you may be asked to raft alongside another boat, or tie up to the wall on starboard side and adjust your lines as the water level changes.
City Airport (LCY)
Address: Hartmann Rd, Royal Docks, London E16 2PX, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 20 7646 0088
- City Airport (LCY) is one of the easiest and most accessible airports in London owing to its location just 9.5km (6 miles) east of Central London and 4.8km (3 miles) from Canary Wharf.
Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Address: Longford TW6, United Kingdom
Phone: +0844 335 1801
- Heathrow (LHR) is one of the busiest airports in the world. It is located 32km (20 miles) to the west of central London.
London Southend Airport (SEN)
Address: Eastwoodbury Cres, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6YF, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 330 365 5000
- Southend (SEN) is London Southend Airport is one the UK’s fastest-growing regional airports with destinations across the UK and Europe.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- St. George’s University of London +44 20-8672-1255
Blackshaw Rd, Tooting, London SW17 0QT, United Kingdom
- Kingston Hospital +44 20-8546-7711
Galsworthy Rd, Kingston upon Thames KT2 7QB, United Kingdom
- HSBC +44 345-740-4404
455 Strand, Charing Cross, London WC2R 0RH, United Kingdom
- Alpha Bank London +44 20-7332-6767
Capital House, 85 King William St, London EC4N 7BL, United Kingdom
- Eastcheap Post Office +44 345-611-2970
12 Eastcheap, London, Greater London, EC3M 1AJ, United Kingdom
- Wapping Post Office +44 0845-722-3344
52 Wapping Ln, Wapping, London, E1W 2RL, United Kingdom
- DHL +44 844-248-0844
Unit 8, Princess Court Business Park, 11 Wapping Ln, Wapping, London E1W 2DA, United Kingdom
- Fed Ex +44 345-607-0809
155 Minories, London EC3N 1AD, United Kingdom
St. Katharine Docks Marina Rules
To make your stay with us more enjoyable, the following set of guidelines should be followed. These are merely suggested rules of etiquette and regulations to make the Marina and its facilities more enjoyable for all customers.
- Do not leave garbage on the docks or common areas to be picked up. Garbage should be bagged and tied and then properly placed in designated receptacles, or be placed in the garbage truck, not loosely scattered or abandoned.
- Oils and fuels should be disposed of properly and not in Marina trash cans. Please ask for assistance when disposing of oils, fuels, or chemicals. Your concern for the environment helps.
- Try not to introduce any effluents into the Marina lagoon. Use holding tanks if possible.
- Do not attempt to turn on your own water and electricity. Please have a dock attendant provide the service. Using pliers or screwdrivers will damage the equipment and you will be charged. It is suggested that you read meters (if applicable) along with our dock attendant to ensure accuracy.
- Anyone caught taking water from another yacht’s tap shall be responsible for the entire water cost of the metered yacht. Please use your own water.
- Keep power cords and water hoses in a neat and orderly fashion so that no one will trip in the dark or while carrying objects.
- Please wash sails on lawn areas where water outlets and drying spaces are available, or do it aboard your yacht.
- When marking anchor chains with paint, use paper or cardboard beneath your chain to keep wet paint off the docks and other customers’ shoes.
- When cleaning dinghies, make sure you rinse debris and growth off of the docks when finished.
- Lock the vessel when leaving it unattended.
- Lock your dinghies and outboard at night.
- Try to keep excessive noise down after 10:00 pm.
- Do not utilize power sanders or grinders while completing minor vessel repairs.
- Barbecue and cooking on the docks is prohibited. Barbecue and cooking should be done on board in suitable equipment and self contained. Any other way is dangerous and frowned upon. Kindly clean up after yourself when finished. Charcoal ash and debris are not to be disposed of into the lagoon.
- If bright deck lights or spot lights are to be used at night, avoid pointing them at nearby boats, especially down or into their cabins.
- Pets need to be kept on a leash or in an acceptable carrying case. Please be sure to clean up after your pets. Owners will be responsible for any damages caused by unattended pets.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
WHAT IS THE IGY ANCHOR CLUB REWARDS PROGRAM?
Anchor Club Rewards Flyer Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club Rewards program allows you to accumulate points each time you dock at a participating IGY marina. Contact individual marinas to verify participation.
The IGY Loyalty Rewards program provides gift cards for you to purchase many great items. When you earn enough points you can choose a denomination of gift card you will receive an email to choose the gift card that you would like. Our new program offers international Mastercard reward cards, donations to charity and gift cards for many of your favorite stores, activities and brands. See some of the rewards available here.
Earn FREE Reward Points when you dock with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates! Activate your account immediately. Points are Not awarded on a Retroactive basis and do not start accruing until after the account is activated.
Sign up here! Send us the your name, email address, boat name and overall length, and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points! It’s as easy as Register, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive a confirmation email with details about the program.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member and the email address that you enrolled with.
Earn rewards points based on a percentage of the amount spent on dockage. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
All that’s left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name and overall length, and you’ll receive a welcome email to start earning points!
At IGY Marinas, we are pleased to provide a scope of services that are second-to-none. We are honored to serve as your hosts and will do everything to make sure that your visit is pleasant and memorable. We fully understand the needs and desires of the yachting community, and we offer you the highest level of service with complete attention to details.
Membership is open to owners and captains of vessels of all sizes and is free. You begin to earn points from your first visit to any participating IGY marina.
All you have to do to register is complete the form below. It’s as simple as that!
There is no cost to enroll in the Anchor Club. It is our way of thanking you for staying with us.
If, for some reason you don’t receive an email, have questions about the program or if you would like your points balance please contact us at [email protected]
Retroactive points will not be awarded. Points only available from participating marinas in the IGY Network.