IGY Málaga Marina
- Muelle de Cánovas s/n 29001 Málaga
- Mon. - Fri. 9:00am to 6:00pm EST
- Sat. & Sun. 9:00am to 6:00pm EST
- Contact us for important dates
- ° F (° C) Sunrise:
- ° F (° C) Sunset:
- Low 7:11pm
- High 1:18am
- 31 Total Slips
- 31 Superyacht Slips Coming Soon
- 450m Linear Berthing Currently Available
- 'Coming Soon' Max Length: 100M +
- Minimum Length: 20m
- Max Draft: 8m
- 'Coming Soon' Power up to 1000amps
- "Coming Soon' 24hr Gated Dock Security
- Nearby Entertainment
- Nearby Shopping and Dining
- Amenities Coming Soon
- Crew Lounge
- WiFi Connectivity
- Services that are Coming Soon:
- Grey & Blackwater Pump-Out
- Laundry Concierge Services
- Transportation Arrangements
- Waste Collection
- Full Vessel Concierge
Directory & Local BusinessesAnchor Club Strategic Partners Crew & Yacht Insurance Provisioning Medical Services Communications Vessel Services Hotels - Málaga Travel / Transportation - Málaga Restaurants - Málaga Entertainment - Málaga Shopping - Málaga
SIMON BRYAN, CMM
Regional Director of Operations Europe and Mediterranean
Over 10 years with IGY MarinasSend Email
Local Police (Emergency)
Local Police Switchboard
We are very excited to welcome you to our marina located in Málaga, Spain. This beautiful city offers relaxing beaches, incredible golf courses, boutique shopping and quaint cafes.
IGY Marina is partnering with Ocean Capital Partners and the Port Authority of Málaga to develop the marina throughout 2020, adding many of the amenities and services that you have come to expect from an IGY Marina.
Warm smiles await your arrival. Our friendly staff is ready to assist, whether you're staying with us for an extended vacation or simply passing through for your Mediterranean charter. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay perfect, please let us know.
The Málaga Marina Team
Arrival Information Details
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at IGY Málaga Marina. Berthing is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. We ask that you provide advanced notice, when feasible, of your approximate arrival time so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience to you.
Please Note: Captains and his/her assignee must check-in/check-out with the marina office for each stay unless otherwise arranged with marina management.
|Check-Out: 1:00 pm||Check-In: 2:00 pm|
When feasible, we request an estimated time of arrival 24hr in advance so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience.
Upon arrival , contact the marina office on VHF Channel 16 to obtain directions to the slip assignment. A skilled dock attendant will report to the slip to assist with docking, line handling, and connections. Once comfortably settled, we ask that you visit our marina office to check-in. The staff will answer any questions you have.
Upon departure, we request you contact the marina office 1-2 hours prior to departure to ensure all items are in order. A receipt can be provided at the marina office or emailed upon request to the email address provided at the time of check-in. If all items are in order, please hail the marina office on VHF Channel 16 if you would like assistance with disconnection and lines.
Early Check-in / Late Check-out
If a slip is occupied after 2:00 pm on the day of your scheduled departure, an additional night's dockage will be charged to your account.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requests whenever possible. In most cases, if your slip is available prior to 2:00 pm on the day of your arrival, or after 1:00 pm on the day of your departure, we will allow you to remain in the slip at no additional charge. Prior arrangements must be made with the marina office for early arrival or delayed departure in order to avoid unnecessary charges.
In the event an early check-in and/or late check-out is unable to be accommodated in your currently slip, we will try to accommodate by making another slip available until such time your slip is available or you are ready to depart the marina.
In the event a temporary slip is made available to you, and you do not relocate the vessel, the marina reserves the right to charge you two times (2x's) the original daily rate for each night you occupy the temporary slip.
This is necessary as at times, the marina operates at full occupancy and failure to relocate the vessel could negatively affect other guests.
Please note: Cancellation policies are subject to change. Please refer to your reservation confirmation or contact the marina office direct for confirmation of cancellation policy. Cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the marina. Any cancellation requests received through the IGY Marinas website are not considered proper cancellation.
Customs & Immigration Information
- Please note: We do our best to ensure this information is up-to-date, however, this is strictly for informational purposes only. We recommend reviewing the Customs and Immigration site for the destination requirements.
Boats from other EU countries need only to clear in if arriving from outside the EU. In practice, however, the authorities expect to be informed of one’s arrival even if coming from a neighbouring EU country.
In the case of non-EU boats, the captain should proceed ashore and clear Customs (Aduana) and Immigration at a port of entry. Normally officials then come to inspect the boat. Special care must be taken when filling in a marina or shipyard’s entry forms as these will be sent off to the Border Police Office and revised. Therefore, if you come from an EU port, make sure this is stated. The same applies if you come from a non-EU port.
Non-EU boats should clear with Immigration and Customs on departure from Spain. Customs will record the date of departure on the Customs permit if you have one. This permit can be used again if re-entering Spain within the period of its validity. Each arrival and departure must be noted by Customs on the permit.
- At least one member of the crew should have a VHF radio operators certificate.
- Watch out for Light Dues, charged at many ports for a minimum of 30 days, which can make short stays very expensive.
- NOTE that the Spanish maritime ensign, which should be flown as a courtesy flag, differs from the Spanish national flag in that it does not have the crown in the centre.
Yachts must carry on board:
- The original yacht registration certificate
- All passports Proof of 3rd party insurance – in Spanish. You can probably get the appropriate certificate free of charge from your insurance provider.
- A VHF operators license. One member of the crew must have a radio operator’s certificate of competence.
- For EU boats, proof of VAT status is also required.
- Although a Certificate of Competence (ICC) is not required, many Spanish Harbour Masters believe it is, so it is advisable to have one. For information on the ICC see the Noonsite European Union page.
Safety Equipment Requirements
All vessels cruising Spanish waters should have the following safety equipment on-board:
- Functional life-vests for all passengers
- Parachute, orange, and para-rocket flares
- Bell and/or Whistle
- Fire Extinguisher
- VHF Radio
- First-aid Kit
- This international airport houses more than 50 airlines
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- Hospital Regional Universitario de Málaga +34 951-29-0000
Av. de Carlos Haya, s/n, 29010 Málaga, Spain
- Hospital Carlos Haya +34-951-29-0330
29010 Málaga, Spain
- Farmacia Mata +34 952-21-1915
- Pharmacy Caffarena +34 952-21-2858
- Triodos Bank Málaga +34 916-40-4684
- Ariguia Banca +34 952-12 0030
- BBVA +34 952-21-2010
- Oficina Banco Santander +34 952-22-6500
- Correos Calle Sta. Lucia +34 902-19-7197
- Carreos Calle Pelayo +34 952-30-8714
- DHL +34 902-12-3030
- Fed Ex +34 902-10-0871
IGY Málaga Marina Rules
To make your stay with us more enjoyable, the following set of guidelines should be followed. These are merely suggested rules of etiquette and regulations to make the Marina and its facilities more enjoyable for all customers.
- Do not leave garbage on the docks or common areas to be picked up. Garbage should be bagged and tied and then properly placed in designated receptacles, or be placed in the garbage truck, not loosely scattered or abandoned.
- Oils and fuels should be disposed of properly and not in Marina trash cans. Please ask for assistance when disposing of oils, fuels, or chemicals. Your concern for the environment helps.
- Try not to introduce any effluents into the Marina lagoon. Use holding tanks if possible.
- Do not attempt to turn on your own water and electricity. Please have a dock attendant provide the service. Using pliers or screwdrivers will damage the equipment and you will be charged. It is suggested that you read meters (if applicable) along with our dock attendant to ensure accuracy.
- Anyone caught taking water from another yacht's tap shall be responsible for the entire water cost of the metered yacht. Please use your own water.
- Keep power cords and water hoses in a neat and orderly fashion so that no one will trip in the dark or while carrying objects.
- Please wash sails on lawn areas where water outlets and drying spaces are available, or do it aboard your yacht.
- When marking anchor chains with paint, use paper or cardboard beneath your chain to keep wet paint off the docks and other customers' shoes.
- When cleaning dinghies, make sure you rinse debris and growth off of the docks when finished.
- Lock the vessel when leaving it unattended.
- Lock your dinghies and outboard at night.
- Try to keep excessive noise down after 10:00 pm.
- Do not utilize power sanders or grinders while completing minor vessel repairs.
- Barbecue and cooking on the docks is prohibited. Barbecue and cooking should be done on board in suitable equipment and self contained. Any other way is dangerous and frowned upon. Kindly clean up after yourself when finished. Charcoal ash and debris are not to be disposed of into the lagoon.
- If bright deck lights or spot lights are to be used at night, avoid pointing them at nearby boats, especially down or into their cabins.
- Pets need to be kept on a leash or in an acceptable carrying case. Please be sure to clean up after your pets. Owners will be responsible for any damages caused by unattended pets.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Anchor Club Rewards Points
Thank you for your interest in the IGY Anchor Club!
What is the IGY Anchor Club?
The IGY Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club allows you to accumulate points each time you stay at a participating IGY location.
The IGY Anchor Club rewards provide all kinds of gifts such as electronics, jewelry, vessel needs and services, clothing – you name it, we have it!
Earn FREE Rewards Points valid toward gifts, services, travel and charities when you stay with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates!
Sign up here! It’s as easy as Register, Activate, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to create your password to redeem your points at our members-only site, www.igyanchorclubrewards.com.
Activate your account by logging in and changing your password. Points do not start accumulating until after your account is activated. Retroactive points are unavailable.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member.
Earn rewards points based on a percentage of the amount spent on dockage. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
Redeem your points for travel, services, electronics, jewelry, clothing, or even trade your points and donate to charity!
All that's left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name, and overall length and you'll receive a welcome email to start earning points!