St. Katharine Docks
- 50 St. Katharine's Way
- London E1W 1LA
- Mon. - Fri. 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Sat. & Sun. 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Contact us for important dates
- 69° F (20° C) Sunrise: 5:38 AM
- 56° F (14° C) Sunset: 6:11 PM
- Low ENE 1-4 ft 7:11pm
- High 2ft / less 1:18am
- 185 Total Berths
- 2 Megayacht Berths
- Maximum Length: 131' (40m)
- Maximum Draft: 13' (4m)
- Maximum Beam: 29' (9m)
- 16amp up to 125amp, 1 to 3 phase connections, 50 Hz
- 24hr Gated Dock Security
- Captain and Crew Facilities
- Nearby Entertainment
- On-Site Restaurants
- Marina Trolleys
- Grey & Blackwater Pump-out
- Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Laundry Services
Directory & Local BusinessesAnchor Club Strategic Partners Crew & Yacht Insurance Provisioning Medical Services Communications Vessel Services - London Hotels - London Travel / Transportation - London Restaurants - London Shopping - London Entertainment - London
Regional Director of Operations Europe and MediterraneanSend Email
UK Police / Fire / Ambulance
The management and staff at St. Katharine Docks would very much like to welcome you to the marina and wish you an enjoyable stay. With its unique location and excellent transport links to the rest of London, St. Katharine Docks are a stone’s throw from the delights of one of the world’s greatest cities.
Whether you are using the marina as a convenient base from which to explore London, or, looking for a bit of peace and quiet in this secluded enclave of our busy capital city, our impressive facilities are designed to delight even the most discerning yachtsmen.
If there is anything which management or staff could do to make your stay more pleasurable, please contact us in the marina reception and we will be happy to assist you.
The St. Katharine Docks Marina Team
St. Katharine Docks is a special place during the winter and a safe destination for your boat. Confirming a berth at central London's only marina, will give you the opportunity to explore the capital's multiple events & celebrations over the winter.
If you’re thinking about staying in Europe for the winter season, why not lay up in London for the 6 months. St. Katharine Docks provides safe and secure facilities to berth your yacht during winter months and provides opportunities for owners to still use their yachts during the season.
St. Katharine Docks is very accessible with excellent transport links. All major London airports and several airfields are within an hour’s journey time and so a yacht berthed with us is easily reachable from anywhere in Europe.
St. Katharine Docks has adjusted to make the marina “COVID secure” for all guests, so when you’re at the docks, you’ll feel safe and protected.
St Katharine Docks has the capacity to berth yachts up to 40 metres in length and a draft of 3.5 metres. Currently there is berth availability for this Winter.
Book your winter berth now on a 6-month contract with a starting date between 15 September and 15 October and benefit from a discount up to 25% on your mooring fees.
To book your winter berth, please contact our marina reception by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (+44)20 7264 5312. We look forward to welcoming you to St. Katharine Docks this winter.
In effect as of 2020 September 21
MARINA STATUS: OPERATING FOR ANNUAL AND VISITING CUSTOMERS
- The marina is open for annual berth holders and other boat owners visiting from the UK & some other countries, to stay overnight on their boats
- Arrivals from a country that must quarantine should discuss their requirements with the marina team in advance
- All crew arriving from overseas will need to complete a Public Health Passenger Locator Form before travelling: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/public-health-passenger-locator-form
- Marina Reception is open 0900-1700, 7 days a week
- Visiting customers are recommended to make bookings in advance
- Bars, cafés and restaurants around the marina are open for meals and refreshments, with social distancing measures in place
- All marina washrooms are open with enhanced cleaning
- Waste water pump outs are available on demand
- Security is still provided at all times
- 'COVID secure' measures are in place (hand santiser, additional cleaning, social distancing) to protect customers and the marina team.
The Port of London is open and recreational use of the River Thames is permitted.
INFORMATION RESOURCES & CONTACTS
United Kingdom Government advice:
Port of London Authority (PLA):
City of London Port Health Department:
SERVICES NEAR THE MARINA
The Waitrose & Tescos stores, next to the marina, are open daily.
Thames Marine Services are operating a normal refueling service.
- London’s transport network (tube, bus & rail) is open
- UK borders are open but many commercial operations are reduced or suspended.
- London Heathrow (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW), and London City Airport (LCY) are operating a limited service with many flights cancelled.
- https://www.heathrow.com/ | https://www.gatwickairport.com/ | https://www.londoncityairport.com/coronavirus
Winter Season (November - March)
The lock operates HW- 2hrs to HW + 1.5hrs, during 0800 - 1800 hrs.
Summer Season (April - October)
The lock operates HW - 2hrs to HW + 1.5hrs, during 0600 - 2030 hrs.
St Katharine Docks Marina may be contacted on VHF Channel 80 during scheduled locking times. Call sign "St Katharine's".
Arrival Information Details
“Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at St. Katharine Docks. Berthing is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. We ask that you provide advanced notice, when feasible, of your approximate arrival time so we can include your vessel in our locking schedule and minimize any inconvenience to you.
Please Note: Captains and his/her assignee must check-in/check-out with the marina office for each stay unless otherwise arranged with marina management.
As soon as you have Tower Bridge in sight, please hail the marina on VHF Channel 80 and call sign “St. Katharine’s”. The Dock Team will provide an update on the current operations of the lock. At that time, your berth assignment will be provided and the dock team will greet you in the lock and assist with your docking. Once secured in the lock, you will be asked to visit our Marina Reception to complete your arrival procedure. The staff will quickly register you and answer any questions.
Please contact the Marina Reception during the day before your departure to organise your lock out time. We will ask for your preferred departure time but please be flexible as we are obliged to group yachts together, to optimise the locking time available. The lock operates approximately 2 hours before and 1.30 hours after High Water (London Bridge) between the hours of 0600-2030 during the summer season (April-October) and 0800-1800 in the winter season. All locking operations must be completed in these times.
Payment by debit card is the preferred option. Please keep your access cards and any loaned equipment until you lock out with the boat. About 15 minutes before your lock out, one of our Dock masters will make an announcement on VHF Channel 80 and confirm the vessels involved in the lock out and any preferred order for vessels to arrive at the lock. If you require a bridge to be lifted or opened, this will also be confirmed. As you will remember from your arrival, there is a floating pontoon on the eastern side of the lock. If the lock is busy, you may be asked to raft alongside another boat, or tie up to the wall on starboard side and adjust your lines as the water level changes.
City Airport (LCY)
Address: Hartmann Rd, Royal Docks, London E16 2PX, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 20 7646 0088
- City Airport (LCY) is one of the easiest and most accessible airports in London owing to its location just 9.5km (6 miles) east of Central London and 4.8km (3 miles) from Canary Wharf.
Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Address: Longford TW6, United Kingdom
Phone: +0844 335 1801
- Heathrow (LHR) is one of the busiest airports in the world. It is located 32km (20 miles) to the west of central London.
London Southend Airport (SEN)
Address: Eastwoodbury Cres, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6YF, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 330 365 5000
- Southend (SEN) is London Southend Airport is one the UK’s fastest-growing regional airports with destinations across the UK and Europe.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- St. George's University of London +44 20-8672-1255
Blackshaw Rd, Tooting, London SW17 0QT, United Kingdom
- Kingston Hospital +44 20-8546-7711
Galsworthy Rd, Kingston upon Thames KT2 7QB, United Kingdom
- HSBC +44 345-740-4404
455 Strand, Charing Cross, London WC2R 0RH, United Kingdom
- Alpha Bank London +44 20-7332-6767
Capital House, 85 King William St, London EC4N 7BL, United Kingdom
- Eastcheap Post Office +44 345-611-2970
12 Eastcheap, London, Greater London, EC3M 1AJ, United Kingdom
- Wapping Post Office +44 0845-722-3344
52 Wapping Ln, Wapping, London, E1W 2RL, United Kingdom
- DHL +44 844-248-0844
Unit 8, Princess Court Business Park, 11 Wapping Ln, Wapping, London E1W 2DA, United Kingdom
- Fed Ex +44 345-607-0809
155 Minories, London EC3N 1AD, United Kingdom
St. Katharine Docks Marina Rules
To make your stay with us more enjoyable, the following set of guidelines should be followed. These are merely suggested rules of etiquette and regulations to make the Marina and its facilities more enjoyable for all customers.
- Do not leave garbage on the docks or common areas to be picked up. Garbage should be bagged and tied and then properly placed in designated receptacles, or be placed in the garbage truck, not loosely scattered or abandoned.
- Oils and fuels should be disposed of properly and not in Marina trash cans. Please ask for assistance when disposing of oils, fuels, or chemicals. Your concern for the environment helps.
- Try not to introduce any effluents into the Marina lagoon. Use holding tanks if possible.
- Do not attempt to turn on your own water and electricity. Please have a dock attendant provide the service. Using pliers or screwdrivers will damage the equipment and you will be charged. It is suggested that you read meters (if applicable) along with our dock attendant to ensure accuracy.
- Anyone caught taking water from another yacht's tap shall be responsible for the entire water cost of the metered yacht. Please use your own water.
- Keep power cords and water hoses in a neat and orderly fashion so that no one will trip in the dark or while carrying objects.
- Please wash sails on lawn areas where water outlets and drying spaces are available, or do it aboard your yacht.
- When marking anchor chains with paint, use paper or cardboard beneath your chain to keep wet paint off the docks and other customers' shoes.
- When cleaning dinghies, make sure you rinse debris and growth off of the docks when finished.
- Lock the vessel when leaving it unattended.
- Lock your dinghies and outboard at night.
- Try to keep excessive noise down after 10:00 pm.
- Do not utilize power sanders or grinders while completing minor vessel repairs.
- Barbecue and cooking on the docks is prohibited. Barbecue and cooking should be done on board in suitable equipment and self contained. Any other way is dangerous and frowned upon. Kindly clean up after yourself when finished. Charcoal ash and debris are not to be disposed of into the lagoon.
- If bright deck lights or spot lights are to be used at night, avoid pointing them at nearby boats, especially down or into their cabins.
- Pets need to be kept on a leash or in an acceptable carrying case. Please be sure to clean up after your pets. Owners will be responsible for any damages caused by unattended pets.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Anchor Club Rewards Points
Thank you for your interest in the IGY Anchor Club!
What is the IGY Anchor Club?
The IGY Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club allows you to accumulate points each time you stay at a participating IGY location.
The IGY Anchor Club rewards provide all kinds of gifts such as electronics, jewelry, vessel needs and services, clothing – you name it, we have it!
Earn FREE Rewards Points valid toward gifts, services, travel and charities when you stay with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates!
Sign up here! It’s as easy as Register, Activate, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to create your password to redeem your points at our members-only site, www.igyanchorclubrewards.com.
Activate your account by logging in and changing your password. Points do not start accumulating until after your account is activated. Retroactive points are unavailable.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member.
Earn rewards points based on a percentage of the amount spent on dockage. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
Redeem your points for travel, services, electronics, jewelry, clothing, or even trade your points and donate to charity!
All that's left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name, and overall length and you'll receive a welcome email to start earning points!
One of my favourite places in London As a regular visitor to the capital, I have to say that the docks never ceases to amaze me, no matter the time of year. The views are amazing (you are right next to Tower Bridge) and the selection of bars and restaurants caters for all tastes. No visit to the docks is complete without popping into the fantastic Dickens Inn for a pint (or three).
TripAdvisor Review November 2019
ItinerariesView all itineraries
3 day - London
The vibrant city of London has something for everyone. Use our suggestions and make the most out of your stay at central London's only marina.View itinerary
5 day - London
Along the banks of the River Thames, there is so much to explore in this historically rich city.View itinerary
Local Attractions - London
Stunning attractions and activities all throughout the city make London a visual masterpiece and inspiring location.View itinerary
Annual Events - London
Amazing events happen throughout the year in London. If you love sports, arts or any type of celebration, there is always something to do.View itinerary
Marina Events @ St. Katharine's Docks
With onsite restaurants and places to entertain, St. Katharine Docks has much to offer, from tasting menus to live music to family events. You will not want to leave the marina.View itinerary