COVID-19 Marina Information Available in About Marina Section
Marina at Yacht Haven Grande
- 5304 Yacht Haven Grande
- St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 00802
- Mon. - Fri. 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Sat. & Sun. 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Contact us for important dates
- 85° F (29° C) Sunrise: 6:08 AM
- 75° F (24° C) Sunset: 6:35 PM
- Low NNE 2-5 ft 7:11pm
- High NNE 2-5 ft 1:18am
- 46 Total Berths
- 46 Megayacht Berths
- Max Length: 656' (200m)
- Max Draft: 25' (7.6m)
- Max Beam: No Restrictions
- 30 amp, 50 amp
- 100 amp SP, 100 amp 3P
- 480v 100 amp 3P
- 24hr Gated Dock Security
- On-site Customs & Immigration
- Lighted Tennis Courts
- ROAM Kiosk
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Crew Lounge
- Private Shower Facilities
- Lagoon Style Pool
- Beach Volleyball Court
- On-Site Shopping & Dining
- High Speed Fuel Pumps
- Full Service Marina
- In-Slip Fueling
- On-Site Provisioning
- Waste Disposal Services
- Laundry Services
- ISPS Compliant Facility
- Business Center
Directory & Local BusinessesAnchor Club Strategic Partners Crew & Yacht Insurance Provisioning Medical Services Communications Vessel Services Hotels - STT Travel / Transportation - STT Restaurants - YHG Shopping - YHG Entertainment - STT
Regional Director United States, Bahamas, and South America
Nearly 10 years with IGY MarinasSend Email
Police / Fire / Ambulance
On behalf of the management and staff of Yacht Haven Grande, we would like to welcome you to St. Thomas. Whether this is your first visit to our beautiful island, or you've made St. Thomas your home in the past, we hope that the information here will make your arrival and stay a memorable one.
Situated in St. Thomas' scenic Charlotte Amalie Harbor, Yacht Haven Grande plays to an impressive array of the world's finest megayachts as well as sailing, sport fishing, and pleasure crafts. A nautical paradise, Yacht Haven Grande offers easy access to the cerulean waters of the Virgin Islands and our staff is always available to assist with whatever you may require. Yacht Haven Grande, located within walking distance to historic downtown Charlotte Amalie, is complimented by numerous shopping, dining, and entertainment options that will cater to your every need.
If there is anything that the IGY team can do to make your stay with us more memorable and relaxing, please don't hesitate to ask! Our staff is here to make sure you have an enjoyable stay in St. Thomas.
Phil Blake, Marina General Manager
MARINA STATUS: OPEN
The US Virgin Islands remains OPEN to non-tourism yacht entry, subject to strict health declarations.
These health declarations are:
- Do any of your crew or guests onboard your vessel have any flu-like symptoms?
- Have any of your crew or guests, to the best of your knowledge, been in contact with anyone with flu like symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have any of your crew or guests been in contact with anyone confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have any crew member or guests visited any of the following countries in the past 14 days?
Iran, China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau), the European states within the Schengen Area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland), and the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- Please detail the countries visited (even if in transit) for each member of passenger and crew.
As per our Governor’s executive order, all non-essential business are closed and all residents are under ‘stay-at-home’ orders. This is not a curfew.
The stay-at-home order is in place until April 30th.
Essential businesses remain open with social distancing requirements in place
Supermarkets, Hardware Stores, Pharmacies, and Clinics
Hotels, Air B&B, Timeshares are not permitted to accept any new bookings for visitors or tourists until April 30th.
St. Thomas airport remains open for inbound and outbound flights; inbound arrivals are subject to scanning.
Restaurants are permitted to do take-away / to-go only; no in-house dining permitted. Bars are closed.
Beaches are closed as of April 6th, until April 20th.
Anchoring in the USVI is subject to Dept. of Natural Resources and Planning (DPNR) permits.
New dining experiences for our Caribbean destinations and guests include a handful of exciting additions to Yacht Haven Grande in Charlotte Amalie. With three new waterfront restaurants featuring multi-billion dollar yachts as their backdrops, Navy Beach has the space to provide you with several unique dining experiences highly sought-after at its flag-ship location one the beach in Montauk, New York.
Navy Beach St. Thomas offers prime waterfront positioning and a delightful mix of fully covered and sun-dappled outdoor seating for the more than 100 guests, a comfortable outdoor lounge and 20-seat bar, all with unobstructed views of the surrounding yachts and harbor. The bright, open-air nautically inspired space spills out onto Yacht Haven Grande's prized "canon lawn," making it the perfect venue for live music performances, private events and weddings. To book an event, you can contact Navy Beach here.
ISLA Cantina, a vibrant Mexican-inspired restaurant and bar, is excited to offer a covered open-air bar as well as an over-water dining patio. The vibrant colors and textures reflecting along the waterfront enhance the fun and excitement throughout the main promenade of The SHOPS at Yacht Haven Grande. The lively atmosphere provides an on-site area for down-time without having to travel too far from the vessel.
Coming in early 2020, Sylvette provides a casually elegant French-Mediterranean bistro with intimate indoor dining, plus a covered patio overlooking the yachts in the marina and the lively harbor beyond.
For more information and updates regarding these new dining experiences, we encourage you to visit Navy Beach Hospitality.
Arrival Information Details
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended at Yacht Haven Grande. We cannot guarantee available berthing for guests arriving without a reservation.
|Check-Out: 11:00 am||Check-In: 1:00 pm|
When feasible, we request an estimated time of arrival 24hr in advance so we can be fully prepared for your arrival and minimize any inconvenience. Upon arrival into the Charlotte Amalie Bay, contact the marina office on VHF Channel 16 or 10 to obtain a slip assignment. A skilled dock attendant will report to the slip to assist with docking, line handling, and connections. Once comfortably settled, we ask that you visit our marina office to check-in. The staff will answer any questions you have.
Upon departure, we request you contact the marina office 1-2 hours prior to departure to ensure all items are in order. A receipt can be provided at the marina office or emailed upon request to the email address provided at the time of check-in. If all items are in order, please hail the marina office on VHF Channel 16 if you would like assistance with disconnection and lines.
Early Check-in / Late Check-out
If a slip is occupied after 4:30 pm on the day of your scheduled departure, an additional night's dockage will be charged to your account.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requests whenever possible. In most cases, if your slip is available prior to 4:30 pm on the day of your arrival, or after 10:30 am on the day of your departure, we will allow you to remain in the slip at no additional charge. Prior arrangements must be made with the marina office for early arrival or delayed departure in order to avoid unnecessary charges.
In the event an early check-in and/or late check-out is unable to be accommodated in your currently slip, we will try to accommodate by making another slip available until such time your slip is available or you are ready to depart the marina.
In the event a temporary slip is made available to you, and you do not relocate the vessel, the marina reserves the right to charge you two times (2x's) the original daily rate for each night you occupy the temporary slip.
This is necessary as at times, the marina operates at full occupancy and failure to relocate the vessel could negatively affect other guests.
While Yacht Haven Grande does not issue refunds, in certain circumstances, the marina can hold deposits paid for use up until the following October 31st. Deposits will be forfeited at the start of the new season on November 1st.
Please note: Cancellation policies are subject to change. Please refer to your reservation confirmation or contact the marina office direct for confirmation of cancellation policy. Cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the marina. Any cancellation requests received through the IGY Marinas website are not considered proper cancellation.
Contact & Hours of Operation
Customs & Immigration Office
Hours of Operation:
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
USVI Customs Office Website
Customs & Immigration Information
- Please note: We do our best to ensure this information is up-to-date, however, this is strictly for informational purposes only. We recommend reviewing the Customs and Immigration site for the destination requirements.
ROAM Kiosk - Roaming Off-site Arrival - Mobile
- Yacht Haven Grande is the proud home of the Customs & Border patrol kiosk dedicated to the new ROAM app. The ROAM app now allows vessels to report their arrivals and clear Customs from the vessels utilizing a smart device. In most cases, an in-person visit is not necessary as the CBP officer can use the camera on the smart device to see what is needed. Guests can download the app (CBP ROAM) in the Apple store or Google Play, and set up a .gov account. The YHG kiosk will utilize a guest login that will allow access to the app for guests without a device or app.
Customs & Immigration Office
A Customs & Immigration Office is located on-site next to the marina office at Yacht Haven Grande. Those reaching the port of entry after closing hours are required to raise a quarantine flag and report in the next morning. In order to clear in and out of the St. Thomas Immigration Office, you will need the following:
- Vessel registration documents
- Vessel clearance documentation from the last port of call
- Copy of passenger/crew list (form I-418)
- Passports of all crew and guests
- Copy of the Ship's Registry
- Vessel entrance or clearance statement on CPB Form 1300
If you are arriving into the US Virgin Islands from a United States domestic location, including the mainland United States, the US Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico, and have a US Flag and crew, no special immigration procedures are required.
Safety Equipment Requirements
All vessels cruising the Caribbean waters should have the following safety equipment on-board:
- Functional life-vests for all passengers
- Parachute, orange, and para-rocket flares
- Bell and/or Whistle
- Fire Extinguisher
- VHF Radio
- First-aid Kit
Cyril E. King Airport (STT)
Address: Airport Rd. Charlotte Amalie West, St. Thomas 00802 USVI
Phone: +1 340-774-5100
- Cyril E. King Airport is a public airport located 2 miles west of the central business district of Charlotte Amalie on the island of St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.
HEALTH / PHARMACY
- Schneider Regional Medical Center +1 340-776-8311
9048 Alton Adams Sr Dr, St Thomas 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Yacht Haven Family Practice +1 340-776-1511
5302 Yacht Haven Grande, Suite 125, St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Doctor's Choice Pharmacy +1 340-777-1400
9400 Wheatley Shopping Center Charlotte Amalie St Thomas 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands
- The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy +1 340-776-1235
9004 Havensight Shopping Mall, St. Thomas, VI 00802
- St. Thomas Federal Credit Union +1 340-774-1299
5027 Norre Gade, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- FirstBank Port of Sale +1 340-774-4800
Havensight, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- Western Union +1 340-774-4046
3 10 St Estate Thomas Charlotte Amalie East St Thomas 00802
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center +1 340-838-7834
Charlotte Amalie West, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- US Postal Service +1 800-275-8777
9846 Estate Thomas, St Thomas 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands
- DHL Express +1 340-774-4066
Charlotte Amalie West, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- UPS +1 340-776-1700
4001 Alcohens Plaza Ste.9,Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands
Inspire Giving through You - February 23, 2019
Bertha C. Boschulte Middle School
Yacht Haven Grande and American Yacht Harbor teamed up with My Brother's Workshop to support a local middle school. Marina teams and volunteers split into groups and assisted in the clean-up of storm debris left over from Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Five full loads of debris were disposed of. In addition, teams comprised of employees, local businesses, owners, captains and crew participated in helping The Bertha C. Boschulte Middle School rejuvenate some of its outdoor area for the children. They built new picnic tables, benches and planter boxes.
If you were unable to attend our day of community service, but would still like to help, please contact us for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
Our number one goal is to work together inspiring others through the act of giving back our time, support efforts, accessible resources, goods and services.
Inspire Giving through You - February 10, 2018
Ivanna Eudora Kean High School
For the 2018 "Inspire Giving through You" initiative Yacht Haven Grande and American Yacht Harbor gathered volunteers comprised of employees, owners, captains and crew to participate in rebuilding the island of St. Thomas. Ivanna Aurora Kean High School's Marine Education Building was devastated by Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Thank you to all that joined us in our efforts to help students return to vital programs in their schools.
If you're unable to attend our day of community service, but would still like to help, please contact us for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
Our number one goal is to work together inspiring others through the act of giving back our time, support efforts, accessible resources, goods and services.
Inspire Giving through You - February 25, 2017
UVI Water Ambassador Program
Thank you to all of our volunteers, who participated in the 2016 and 2017 "Inspire Giving through You" Community Outreach Project. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to make a difference by inspiring others to give back to their communities.
Yacht Haven Grande, American Yacht Harbor and the many volunteers worked together in support of the UVI Water Ambassador Program in St. Thomas. The program works in direct correlation with the Addelita Cancryn Junior High School teaching students skills in Hydrology. These young entrepreneurials learn water safety, water quality testing, and study ways to improve the environment to impact the water quality. The students also learn organic farming techniques and the produced goods are utilized in the school's lunch program and sold at the Yacht Haven Grande Farmer's Market to raise money for the program.
On February 25th, 2017, the team of volunteers assisted in the construction of a Hydrologic Learning Center.
- Construction of raised garden beds
- Construction of green house
- Construction and installation of work tables
- Plant trees
Inspire Giving through You - February 20, 2016
St. Thomas Marine Vocational Program
Thank you to all of our volunteers, who participated in the "Inspire Giving through You" Community Outreach Project. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to make a difference by inspiring others to give back to their communities.
For more information or to donate to the organization directly,
- St. Thomas Community Aquatic Center
- USVI Marine Vocational Program: Click here
48 volunteers and IGY staff/executives assisted with restorations of The St. Thomas Swimming Association's community pool and The Boys and Girls Club. IGY crews contributed their time to cleaning and preparing the pool deck of the Aquatic Training Center with a fresh coat of paint. Additional efforts were directed to improving the Boys & Girls Club, painting the exterior and interior of the facilities, installing ceiling fans and light fixtures, deep cleaning of the kitchen and organization of supplies.
The St. Thomas Swimming Association is a non-profit organization committed to providing and promoting competitive and recreational swimming and water safety programs to the St. Thomas community.The Community Aquatic Center, frequently used by the USVI Marine Vocational Program. The USVI Marine Vocational Program is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing the youth of the Virgin Islands with a career path into the marine and hospitality industry.
- Painting of pool deck, restrooms and interior of Aquatic Center
- Painting of interior of Boys & Girls Club
- Installation of new ceiling fans and light fixtures (B&G Club)
- Deep cleaning of kitchen
- Organization of supplies
- Removal 3 truck loads of garbage
Please contact us for further information regarding donations and where to send them.
Yacht Haven Grande Marina Rules
- The following are the rules and regulations for the operation of the Marina. Compliance with these rules and regulations is a condition of use for all vessels, their owners, captains and crews, as well as all guests, invitees or customers at the Marina.
- The Rules of the Road and the Navigation Laws of the United States shall control all vessels at, departing or approaching the Marina.
- Once at the slip or dock at the marina, a vessel shall immediately come under the jurisdiction of the Dock Master of the Marina. Only vessels in good condition, and under their own power, shall be admitted to the slip and berthing area of the Marina.
- The parties agree that Marina does not accept the vessel for storage, is not a bailee, and will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the vessel or its tackle or to any person visiting the vessel, unless caused by an affirmative act of negligence of Marina. However, during the absence of Owner, if Marina finds the vessel insecure or in danger, Marina is authorized, but not required, to take temporary action to protect the vessel and necessary and reasonable costs therefore shall be charged against the vessel.
- Pets are permitted only with the prior permission of the Marina, and only if they do not disturb others. Boat owners, captains, crew or their guests are strictly liable for any damage caused by any pets. No animal shall be permitted on the Marina properties, unless leashed or otherwise secured.
- Refuse shall not be thrown or allowed to fall overboard and all garbage is to be deposited in the appropriate containers. No oil, spirits, inflammable liquids or oily bilges shall be discharged into marina waters. All laws, rules and regulations with regard to marine sanitary devices shall be strictly complied with. All vessels are financially responsible for any clean-up costs for any discharge described above or other illegal discharge.
- Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times and all owners and captains are requested to use discretion in operating engines, generators, radios, television, power tools and the like so as to minimize disturbance of others using the marina as well as marina neighbors.
- Swimming, diving and fishing are not permitted from the marina or from vessels at the marina.
- No vehicles, including bicycles, shall be parked on or ridden on the docks. Parking of vehicles on Marina property may be permitted at the discretion of the Dock Master on a space available basis.
- Boat owners and captains shall not store or allow to be stored any supplies, materials, accessories or debris on any Marina property, including the docks or piers. Failure to comply with this provision shall cause the removal of any such property by the Dock Master. No painting, sanding, scraping or repairing of any vessel or equipment belonging to any vessel shall be permitted on the Marina property without the specific prior written consent of the Dock Master. The extent of any repair or maintenance to be undertaken at the Marina shall be solely at the discretion of the Dock Master and any such repair or maintenance permitted shall be wholly at the risk of the owner/vessel undertaking such repairs.
- Laundry shall not be hung on boats, docks or piers at the marina.
- No signs shall be displayed aboard any vessel at the marina without the prior written consent of the Dock Master. Owner understands that the Marina is a commercial endeavor and, therefore, Vessel Owner hereby agrees to refrain from any commercial activities competitive with the interest of the Marina on the premises of the Marina. Vessel Owner agrees not to operate boat rentals or charter parties or any commercial activities from the Marina without the prior written permission of the Marina.
- The use of charcoal broiler, cookers or any other open-fueled appliance is strictly forbidden aboard any vessel at the marina or on any property belonging to the Marina.
- Potable water is available at each slip. Each slip occupant is responsible for water consumed from the assigned tap based upon the Marina’s established rates.
- Vessel Owner may not, and shall not have any right, to assign or transfer in whole or in part any rights under the Agreement. However, Marina shall have the right to use the slip for transient docking whenever the vessel is to be removed overnight or longer.
- The dockage day starts at 1:00 p.m. Checkout time is 12:00 p.m. the following day. Any vessel occupying a slip after 12:00 p.m. will be charged dockage for that night. Late departures can be arranged upon request, with the Dock Master.
- Violations of the rules and regulations of the Marina, failure to comply with the reasonable and proper requests of the management, indecorous conduct by the owner or captain of any vessel, or their guests, that might cause injury to another, cause damage to property, or adversely impact upon the reputation of the Marina shall be cause for the immediate removal from the marina of the vessel and/or individual(s) in question.
THE MARINA OWNER SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGE TO VESSELS IN OR AT THE MARINA OR FOR THEIR EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY. BOAT OWNERS OR CAPTAINS SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO DOCK STRUCTURES AND PILINGS OR OTHER PROPERTY BELONGING TO THE MARINA CAUSED BY THEIR ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OR BY THEIR VESSELS. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, THE MARINA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MOVE ANY VESSEL TO ANOTHER MOORING PLACE AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SO DOING BY THE OWNER/CAPTAIN.
Anchor Club Rewards Points
Thank you for your interest in the IGY Anchor Club!
What is the IGY Anchor Club?
The IGY Anchor Club is the only marina loyalty program for captains or yacht owners. The IGY Anchor Club allows you to accumulate points each time you stay at a participating IGY location.
The IGY Anchor Club rewards provide all kinds of gifts such as electronics, jewelry, vessel needs and services, clothing – you name it, we have it!
Earn FREE Rewards Points valid toward gifts, services, travel and charities when you stay with IGY Marinas! No Blackout Dates!
Sign up here! It’s as easy as Register, Activate, Dock, Earn, Redeem!
Enrollment is free and easy! All you need to sign up is your name, email address, boat name and length overall. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to create your password to redeem your points at our members-only site, www.igyanchorclubrewards.com.
Activate your account by logging in and changing your password. Points do not start accumulating until after your account is activated. Retroactive points are unavailable.
Dock at any of our participating marinas throughout our destinations world-wide and advise the marina office you’re an Anchor Club Member.
Earn up to 1% back on dockage. Your points will be applied to your IGY Anchor Club Point Redemption account with each stay. Earn extra points through surveys, events, and more!
Redeem your points for travel, services, electronics, jewelry, clothing, or even trade your points and donate to charity!
All that's left to do is Sign Up! Send us your name, email address, boat name, and overall length and you'll receive a welcome email to start earning points!
ItinerariesView all itineraries
3 day - Charlotte Amalie
The rich Caribbean weather welcomes many outside activities. We welcome you to enjoy the on-site resort styled amenities such as our sparkling lagoon styled pool.View itinerary
5 day - Charlotte Amalie
There is much exploring to do within 5 days in Charlotte Amalie and we encourage you to enjoy the sites and activities on and around the island of St. Thomas.View itinerary
Annual Events - Charlotte Amalie
St. Thomas' island culture and community hold many annual events held throughout the island. From sidewalk shops and festivals, to community service and helping the island, each event holds its own special meaning.View itinerary
Local Attractions - Charlotte Amalie
Founded in 1681 by Danish settlers, Charlotte Amalie still has some signs of the bustling colonial life that once existed here offering a virtually limiless range of sights and adventures including Blackbeard's Castle!View itinerary